Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

Who is holding out to purchase the PMDG 737-800 ?

With al the new releases as far as passenger jets such as, fly the maddog, PMDEG 737-700, the Fenix, BAE 146, who is holding out to buy the PMDG 737-800 ?  Personally I bought the MD-80, fly the Maddog, and definitely waiting to buy the PMDG 737-800.  As far as airbus eventually I will buy it, seems like that market is really getting flooded, lots of different developers.

During FSX days I bought just about everything that came out from PMDG, 737-600,700,800 and 900.  I also bought their 747, and 777.  Everything was fantastic!!

Because of ,my financial budget, I did not buy the 700 version., but will buy the 800 version.

• Like 4

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Not I, but who knows. I might run out of money before they release the 800. 😇

HondaJet next week!

-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

I bought the 700 and don't really intend on buying the 800. For my use I won't notice a single difference between them so for me there was no real need to wait.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

- Aaron

Me too, in FSX I went on the whole journey. The 800 was all I ended up using regularly so I am waiting for that but to be honest I'm loving the FBW320  a lot still. 

Nowadays (with family, kids etc) there's no time available to justify buying 5 payware jets. Back in the FSX era it was just me and the sim ! 

• Like 1

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Just get the -700!  They're not that different and it's a super nice aircraft to fly, and very easy on performance too.

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

I"m waiting for the 800 since its the most popular version, and that should  be it for me  Only thing have to wait a while.

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Got the Fenix A320 instead of the 737-700. I'm waiting for the 800 to get the PMDG.

• Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

flyhalf  I agree, right on!

Plus this hobby is getting more and more expensive.  I 

• Like 1

Meh, popularity is overrated. Lots of liveries for the 700 so really shouldn't be a thing, but everyone assigns their own importance to things. This is a flexible hobby!

• Like 1

- Aaron

Waiting to see if PMDG fulfills their early access checklist of things to do in the next few weeks/months and I'll decide on pulling the trigger after that.

I'll get it. The 800 is the most popular variant, but I love the stubbiness of the 700. So I'll end up having those tow, but probably no others. The next jet I get from PMDG afetr the 800 would be the 777...

• Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

I got the Fenix A 320. I had a PMDG 737 in P3D, and I would not buy that again for  MSFS. I really like the Fenix , and that is now my go to Airliner from now on. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Don't see why not, besides being the more popular variant. As an expansion, should be easy on the wallet too.

Alexander Colka

Call me crazy, but I'm actually holding out for the PMDG 757-200. Man I can already hear those RB211's!

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

If I get the 737 at all, it'll be the 800. I'm also hoping for the Dash 7 and the TFDi MD-11.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org