Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

Who is holding out to purchase the PMDG 737-800 ?

...some say stubby to the -700... me say uglylstretched to the longer ones 😄 fun aside, me got the -700 and will stay with it as I do see no need for another 737 as long as its not a -200. And I prefer to fly VA and wherever I want to, so not bound to realworld-operator-routes stuff. Prefer diversity than bound to one aircraft class with its slight variations.

Cheers

T.

For me will be instant buy. I sacked the -600 only. Pathetic they release that one first. It is just like having cabbage after desert. Anticlimax.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

I have the PMDG 700 and the Fenix A320.  I think the Fenix is great but I have to say the 20 years of development experience from PMDG shines through with the incredible look of the aircraft along with great performance.  I guess areas of the plane that are lower texture are not as important to me....I can't recall the last time I looked at the cabin although I sometimes set up some wing views.  With the list of upcoming releases not really to my level of interest I think that buying the -800 will be something I will consider.  I know it makes very little difference from the flight deck but I do love simulating a real world flight with the right airframe, flightplan, gate, timing etc.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Personally, I'm not that wild about the 73's at all, so I got the 737 because the 378 won't release till August. Now that I've gotten the Fenix, I think I'll just skip the 378 and wait for the 777 and the 74. 

• Upvote 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

I'm waiting on the -800.  I have enough to keep me occupied with the Maddog, the BAE, Concorde, and the FBW A320 that I can wait for the variant I (slightly) prefer. I might even wait for the -900, because I'm only going to get one variant. The one I'm really waiting for is the 747, which I'll get both the -400 and 8 because there are a lot of differences in the cockpit between the two.

I'm waiting for fs2crew support for the PMDG 737 and the Fenix A320 before diving into either of those. Single pilot ops on airliners kills the immersion factor for me personally. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the Working Title CJ4 and the FBW A320 with fs2crew. 

• Like 1

I bought the -700 because most of my flights are BBJ flights anyway. I might buy the -800 because it is the most common IRL.

I'm gonna wait and see how they tackle their to do list before buying any of their products. The end product needs to feel like a genuine MSFS plane without legacy stuff.

• Upvote 1

Bought the PMDG 737, Bought the Fenix.

Will skip the 737-600 but will certainly buy the -800 & -900.

Lots of money but that is one of my only hobby and we only have one life after all.

Another one I skipped is the maddog. I really wanted that aircraft but the more I see about it and compare it to the PMDG or Fenix, the more I think it is overpriced. I understand that this is a niche aircraft and that it won't sell as good as a 737 & A320. But anyway, the sounds are bad and I can't feel attracted by the flightdeck. It seems it is 10 years old and P3D quality and not as good as PMDG or Fenix. It's nice that Leonardo released that aircraft for msfs but if some people think the PMDG 737 is just a P3D port, it's even worse with the MD-80. I really think, Leonardo made the strict minimum. We could have expected more for 90€.

• Like 3

I bought the -700 and will buy the MAX if PMDG fulfills all its promises regarding the -700.  Not likely to buy the -800 but I'm not completely certain.

Ryan

In my case, I didn't put a hold on my purchase and I don't regret it at all, on the contrary, I love it!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I got the -700 on release day. Used the ZIBO 737-800 a lot in XP11, and was initially planning to wait for the -800. Now that I’ve got the -700 I’m not planning to get the -800 or any of the other variants. Perhaps the MAX.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I skipped the 700, will skip the 600. Maybe  buy the 800. I have only bought the F-14 in 2020. Real picky on this sim after the FSX, P3D, etc. addon days. Really looking hard at the Fenix though. The EFB and all the features to bring along Simbrief, Navigraph and all calculations to get a flight going is really what I have been looking for. In no hurry to fill up the hanger in this sim.  Skip

I got the Fenix and I'll get the 738.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Got the 700 as my first complex airliner and I love it!  Performance with my now eleven year old cpu is outstanding...even in VR too!

Will I get the 800? 

No.  What I’ve got is going to keep me plenty occupied for a long while.

Edited by DD_Arthur