Sign in to follow this  
pannellg

Still no KMEM or KIND for MSFS 2020

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Then you missed their out-of-the-blue return to the scene with KIND, back in February last year.
They pumped out some updates and remakes of their back catalogue, the latest one being OTHH in November.

IMO, their absence saw them fall behind the competition. What was good in P3D in 2017, doesn't live up to 2021+ standards.

Yeah they fell behind for sure, but still were better than many out there.  Always liked their Orlando scenery in particular.  But their night lighting wasn't the best. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

wow!

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Once again a bit on the pricey side. Prices for MSFS addons just keep creeping up,

Cheers, Pete

• Upvote 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

9 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Once again a bit on the pricey side. Prices for MSFS addons just keep creeping up,

Cheers, Pete

from the pictures this one looks really nice though

• Like 1

@micstatic @pannellg Please be aware DominicDesignTeam is sub-average. For the full price it's borderline offensive in regards to quality-per-dollar. I'd wait for a sale (they often do sales). I have some airports from them that are probably not gonna be done by someone better in the next couple of years, but I never look forward to depart/land on them, this says a lot I guess.

EDIT: What they are good at is certainly making their airports look good in videos... but that's about it. Generally be aware of devs that pump out new "quality airports" almost every month.

Edited by Fiorentoni
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

What they are good at is certainly making their airports look good in videos... but that's about it. Generally be aware of devs that pump out new "quality airports" almost every month.

I made a mistake with an airport recently by another no-name developer.  Sim Market is full of them and all overpriced.  Many look good in the photos but then after purchasing you realize what a mess they are.  I am always willing to give new developers a chance but the pricing is a major turn off and many seem to be rushed and very low-quality...

• Upvote 3

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

bought this Indianapolis.  It is fantastic.  Much better than the payware version I had in p3d.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, micstatic said:

bought this Indianapolis.  It is fantastic.  Much better than the payware version I had in p3d.  

I agree.  It's very nice.  I wouldn't mind a few more GA parking spots, but, hey; I'm not gonna be fussy.  By the time KIND arrived in P3d, I'd already moved on to MSFS 2020.  

I appreciate the buyer-beware comments, to be sure.  I'm just thrilled to have my home airport.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

@micstatic @pannellg Please be aware DominicDesignTeam is sub-average. For the full price it's borderline offensive in regards to quality-per-dollar. I'd wait for a sale (they often do sales). I have some airports from them that are probably not gonna be done by someone better in the next couple of years, but I never look forward to depart/land on them, this says a lot I guess.

EDIT: What they are good at is certainly making their airports look good in videos... but that's about it. Generally be aware of devs that pump out new "quality airports" almost every month.

What's bad about it though? From the screenshots it looks very good and I don't know to what extent you could/would pretty up the airport to look that good on pictures when it's actually subpar.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Judging from the screenshots, no effort was put into airline parking assignments. Why are devs, even FlyTampa, missing this utterly basic step? 

Edited by Chapstick
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Chapstick said:

Judging from the screenshots, no effort was put into airline parking assignments. Why are devs, even FlyTampa, missing this utterly basic step? 

It's a good question.  But is that just a limitation with MSFS sdk?

It’s not a limitation of the SDK, some addons (including FT YYZ) have airline parking spaces correctly applied.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 hours ago, Chapstick said:

It seems these days it's the exception to have proper parking assignments when in P3D a scenery would be laughed at for having no parking assignments at all. Maybe devs are figuring the MSFS crowd doesn't care?

I have edited airports in P3D myself to update parking assignments and it really doesn't take long, especially not compared to how long the whole development process can be for a good airport addon. It feels like stopping right before the finish line and really rubs me the wrong way.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD