Sign in to follow this  
pannellg

Still no KMEM or KIND for MSFS 2020

Not just parking/gate assignment by airlines, it appears planes are parked at ever other gate.  As @Kaiii3 told everyone who would listen, if parking spots have overlapping radius, planes will not park side-by-side.

• Like 1

There is also an incorrect parking red runway sign.  I believe it's 32 and says 23L.  I reported it and dev said it would be fixed. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

3 hours ago, threegreen said:

It feels like stopping right before the finish line and really rubs me the wrong way.

couldn't agree more. I find it utterly ridiculous that even a lot of the top payware developers seem to not care about the parking. All the info you need if readily available online with a little research. I find it especially annoying see as editing parking in msfs is not nearly as easy as p3d. In fact, I gave up on using AI traffic altogether and just use the latinvfr static bundle. At least the static planes are parked in the correct spots for the most part 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DaveS said:

couldn't agree more. I find it utterly ridiculous that even a lot of the top payware developers seem to not care about the parking. All the info you need if readily available online with a little research. I find it especially annoying see as editing parking in msfs is not nearly as easy as p3d. In fact, I gave up on using AI traffic altogether and just use the latinvfr static bundle. At least the static planes are parked in the correct spots for the most part 

What's the challenge here? I haven't yet tried to edit airports myself.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 hours ago, threegreen said:

What's the challenge here? I haven't yet tried to edit airports myself.

At least from what I have seen it involves editing xml files vs simply adding the codes in ADE. ADE doesn't import certain parts of the scenery from what I understand such as projected meshes ect..what ends up happening is that when compiling the package you lose certain data and then the airport has for instance all concrete where there should be grass or when I tried to edit flytampa KLAS all the building were missing. I just hope at some point we are able to edit parking they way we used to or some new tool comes along that allows it. I actually enjoyed editing parking 

**if anyone knows or can provide a step by step on how to edit parking for payware airports it would be appreciated. I've tried to follow any guides I could find but still have no luck in getting it to work

Edited by DaveS
more info
  • Like 2

I purchased this from Simmarket which allowed me to look at the airport bgl file in ADE. The airport looks good, but the AI functionality is not good. They failed to connect the taxiway paths to the runway path. Therefore, the planes just sit there and not take off.
Here is the result.
L84sJcu.png

1 hour ago, Indy511 said:

I purchased this from Simmarket which allowed me to look at the airport bgl file in ADE. The airport looks good, but the AI functionality is not good. They failed to connect the taxiway paths to the runway path. Therefore, the planes just sit there and not take off.
Here is the result.
L84sJcu.png

What dev is this? From Dominicdesignteam?

48 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

What dev is this? From Dominicdesignteam?

Yes, I forgot to mention it's KIND Indianapolis by Dominicdesignteam.