Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

HW Users & the Fenix A320- Unite!

42 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

Remote MCDU would be awesome

Haven’t heard back from @marcom just yet.  I had emailed him on release day.  Hopefully the ability is there for it to be done-he’s already got the Maddog and Boeing setup in Aviaserver for CDU and iirc Overhead too-not sure I’m not an overhead guy-just flight monitor and like every CDU going for P3D.  

• Like 1

With respect to Mark- this is something I would like to see Transport Category developers produce as part of the sim.  The EFB from Fenix is a beautiful thing and expanding on it would only add to the product appeal... not one more external app, please!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

With respect to Mark- this is something I would like to see Transport Category developers produce as part of the sim.  The EFB from Fenix is a beautiful thing and expanding on it would only add to the product appeal... not one more external app, please!

Mark does a nicer job at making things nice and tidy on my iPad-I have an addon with inbuilt MCDU-I just much prefer the Aviaworx version as well-gives folks options. 

I think the prosim license that Fenix uses prevents home cockpit users so no access to LVAR/HVAR

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

3 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

I think the prosim license that Fenix uses prevents home cockpit users so no access to LVAR/HVAR

Let’s hope the sales figures speak movingly and encourage more ProSim openness. Fenix is ProSim’s foray into the “entertainment” market and I hope they bring interface access to us sooner rather than later. There is wisdom in a robust ecosystem.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Is there any special software I need to be able to bind stuff to my keyboard? For example on the PMDG/FENIX planes I would like to bind the runway turnoff lights, taxi lights, landing lights, seatbelt signs, battery switches, etc to my keyboard. Is this possible? This way I don't have to switch cameras to the overhead while flying to access these features.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Most LVARs are available for the Fenix A320 to access twiddly knobs and switches, even CB’s. You can achieve the mapping of these with Axis & Ohs, Spad.next or even FSUIPC.

Craig Sells

14 minutes ago, BAW303 said:

Most LVARs are available for the Fenix A320 to access twiddly knobs and switches, even CB’s. You can achieve the mapping of these with Axis & Ohs, Spad.next or even FSUIPC.

Out of the 3 software you mentioned, which would you recommend?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Well the buttons and indications have a very nice interface tbh. The data that is really missing are the displayed values. For example speed, heading, altitude and V/S if you take the FCU.

I made a request in that direction and hope they will provide those values as a LVAR in the future.

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

I've only tried Spad.next, but find it comprehensive & easy to use.

9 hours ago, captain420 said:

I've used them all but, I use Spad.next simply because I find it more flexible when it comes to Vrinsight MCP displays. I also find the UI more friendly. However, There is an ongoing annual cost to Spad. I personally don't mind that as its under continual development with new Alpha features and hardware added all the time.

AAO has strong community support, so its what fits you and your hardware best I guess. 

Edited by BAW303
  • Like 1

Craig Sells