Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

HW Users & the Fenix A320- Unite!

If you use HW with the Fenix A320 please consider opening a ticket with them via your dashboard.

Please ask them to implement more robust LVAR HVAR variables in READ AND WRITE so that HW MCP/FCPs that have displays can properly be used.

They are already working with Sklarki but it would be nice if they could assist all their HW customer base.

@guenseli is hard at work but cannot help us if Fenix does not give him the correct tool set to do so.

@Aamir - I have already opened a ticket for this- please consider this as it will increase the appeal of the product across a wider customer base than those committed to Sklarki alone. Your pricing indicates understanding of broader appeal and I am hopeful this will resonate with you in this arena.

Ta mate- C

PS- Fifi is lovely

• Like 6

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Good luck 😉

And if you are making a ticket, please beg them to make a remote CDU also!!!

Hope @Aamir jumps in and gives a little note if we could expect one and/or the other sooner and/or later.

• Like 2

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had opened a Support Ticket for a remote MCDU (implemented like the EFB) on day one 😉

Hopefully their business practice of wide customer base appeal will extend to opening their ecosystem to all potential users, not just Skalarki users.

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I'm really holding out for skalarki support before I dive too much deeper into this.  In terms of purchasing additional models etc.  Skalarki integration is a must

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Not all of us are Fifi centric Mike.  I love her one day, and my PSX 744 the next.  Then I am captivated by my @robert young Bonanza or my PMDG 737.  The point is I love the entire flight simulation experience and hope Fenix embraces universal adoption.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Hello guys,

Just a quick one to let you all know that I definitely hear you, and have opened discussions on your behalf over the last couple of days to allow for this to happen. I cannot promise anything at this juncture, but I definitely know this is something that is important to you all, and I'm in your corner.

For the moment, as this is something I'm actively looking at - I'd like to politely request you not send in support tickets for this so we look at it, as we're already on it - and the support team is currently up against some pretty high ticket numbers already. 

Thanks!

• Like 8

Aamir Thacker

23 minutes ago, guenseli said:

And if you are making a ticket, please beg them to make a remote CDU also!!!

I have and they just closed the ticket.

21 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Hello guys,

Just a quick one to let you all know that I definitely hear you, and have opened discussions on your behalf over the last couple of days to allow for this to happen. I cannot promise anything at this juncture, but I definitely know this is something that is important to you all, and I'm in your corner.

For the moment, as this is something I'm actively looking at - I'd like to politely request you not send in support tickets for this so we look at it, as we're already on it - and the support team is currently up against some pretty high ticket numbers already. 

Thanks!

Aamir-

I appreciate your response here, and will happily wait until the Fifi furor dies down (a tiny bit) and you guys can get your heads above water.  Please know we are eagerly awaiting the ability to interface our HW fully and would appreciate any movement towards this end.  Post launch is a busy time and getting everyone who purchased the product up and working is the understandable top priority.

Thanks again, 

C

PS- Mods- please feel free to close this topic for now.  If need arise, I shall revisit this later.  Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

In regards to support for the Skalarki gear, I definitely hope to see support as my FCU is currently a $1500 paperweight on my desk.   

As for other hardware, I’ve got a halfway serviceable Bravo profile thru spad.next at the moment-I downloaded the “Fenix A320ceo for Bravo” profile.  Of course it wasn’t all setup how I particularly prefer it.  Many of the toggles are multiple events etc.  I’ve attempted to alter/change it to my preferences-but THAT endeavor has caused me to bash my head against my Alpha yoke several dozen times as I try to configure my 6 different controllers to work with the Fenix.  I’m not so great at the “toggle bit/increment/decrement/set value” type stuff.  I’m very much used to FSUIPC/FSLinda and sending control codes/Simconnect events via either Spad or FSUIPC.  None of the lights on my bravo work yet but I’m not certain the AFC bridge works properly yet.  

As for the external MCDU support, I’ve emailed Mark Foti of Aviaworx-(he has Aviaserver/AviaOH/AviaCDU/Flight Monitor etc) about a remote MCDU for the Fenix-he’s already got support built in for the other recent high fidelity addon releases.  Hopefully he can get cracking on the Fenix tho I haven’t heard back just yet.  He’s also offering discounts for P3D users of aviaworx products who are giving MSFS a try this month.    

I’m sure Fenix is extremely busy trying to fix the aggressive VNAV and sometimes strange flight model but they’re probably up against it since it seems Asobo oft times focuses more on video game style features instead of sim features.  

If anyones got suggestions on coding/setting up thru spad feel free to hit me up!  @cavaricooper I’d be happy to share what I’ve done so far in addition to anything you’ve come up with. 

Edited by DJ Rosko
Tagged OP user

DJ-

Thanks! I and many, many others rely on @guenseli to provide scripts and templates for our HW. Additionally rather than yet another app, I would love to see Fenix have a Browser MCDU.

Fenix is working very hard on post-release support and I’m sure will revisit these topics when time permits.

Skalarki makes great products and I hope you get to enjoy yours soon!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

They could avoid much support workload with a proper forum 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

6 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

They are already working with Sklarki

That’s great, I hadn’t heard that, was it recently announced?  I can’t wait to use my desktop FCU and MCDU with this beauty.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Regis- that’s the impression I got from listening to some Streamers, but we had best wait to hear from Aamir before popping the Champagne.

• Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

my Skalarki gear is feeling lonely @Aamir 😁

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Allegedly it’s all on Fenix according to a post in the Skalarki forums.  There’s a lot of talk that Skalarki support may be not possible due to Prosim contract/licensing issues.  I certainly hope that’s not the case!