Sign in to follow this  
Brandon01110

Top Gun DLC?

2 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Wish ASOBO more focus on serious updates and bug clearing instead such DLC's or improving textures on Barcelona roofs 

This DLC has been done since last year. It's just the movie kept getting delayed.

Also a separate team worked on the DLC, not the team that handles bugs buildings.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

According to the Q&A they had real pilots come in to test the F-18 stuff, on carrier landings. They have a former TOPGUN on the team.

For the Darkstar they had help with the aerodynamics from someone they're not allowed to talk about. An unamed company that is working on a similar aircraft.

They want to add the carrier to free flight eventually. The carrier in the challenge is moving.

They need to bring those pilots back through.  That F-18 has seemed fine to me right up to the point of touchdown.  I don’t flare at all because you shouldn’t do that in a Navy jet.  The feeling of planting the tires on the deck is not there.  The aircraft seems to slow down and slightly flare on its own when landing and it was especially felt landing in this new carrier challenge.  I was really hoping for better than this when they said they had real F-18 pilots helping them.  This thing was completely underwhelming.  I have DCS which is obviously worlds better.  All I want from MSFS is the ability to fly on and off a carrier anywhere in the world to simulate a carrier deployment.  Then I can jump into DCS to blow stuff up.  Unfortunately this Maverick DLC has me no closer to doing that and really was a “gamey” release for gamers

Anybody having the 123GO plastered all over the screen and wont go away??

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

6 minutes ago, hansb57 said:

Anybody having the 123GO plastered all over the screen and wont go away??

Yes!!!

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

Bug Report: The new Top Gun update does not test to see whether the F18 is already installed. If the F18 is not already installed – as it wasn’t on my machine because I like to conserve disk space – the new Top Gun software immediately crashes to desktop 100% of the time when you attempt to fly. Also, the countdown text – 3,2,1, Go – is not erased when new characters are added. The numerals and letters are accumulated and piled together on top of each other into an ugly mess which obscures the plane and scenery.

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I just saw water wake FX when flying low over water in F-18 in the trailer, but I haven't seen that in the sim at all. 48 seconds in

Edited by Tuskin38

Hopefully in the long term it will encourage more to stay in flight sims..

• Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

23 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I just saw water wake FX when flying low over water in F-18 in the trailer, but I haven't seen that in the sim at all. 48 seconds in

[video]

^^All that upside down flying in that clip... Sounds like they got the ethos of Maverick just right! 😄

Maverick:  Started up on his six, when he pulled from the clouds, and then I moved in above him.

Charlie:  Well, if you were directly above him, how could you see him?

Maverick:  Because I was inverted.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just in case someone wanders: Carrier and Frigate do not have hard decks outside the Mission of the new DLC. Hopefully this will be added later with an update

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

I also agree the carrier landing is more for gamers than simmers. There is a odd feel to it. DCS has nothing to fear when it comes to this. This has the same feel of F-18 carrier lander on my iPhone. 

Still, if it gets others into the flight sim world, then I am all for it. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, David Mills said:

Bug Report: The new Top Gun update does not test to see whether the F18 is already installed. If the F18 is not already installed – as it wasn’t on my machine because I like to conserve disk space – the new Top Gun software immediately crashes to desktop 100% of the time when you attempt to fly. Also, the countdown text – 3,2,1, Go – is not erased when new characters are added. The numerals and letters are accumulated and piled together on top of each other into an ugly mess which obscures the plane and scenery.

A bug?. How that could be?. Not my cup of coffee anyway.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Is there a Maverick avatar that can be used in other aircraft?

37 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

Is there a Maverick avatar that can be used in other aircraft?

How about a 5'-8" Jack Reacher?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Pretty cool really, amazing that it is available at zero extra cost! 

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

The Darkstar looks like a fun time, should be interesting to explore some altitudes I’ve never seen in MSFS

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU