Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

May 25th 2022 - Live Dev Q&A

Thanks for the heads up!

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

they had real pilots come in to test the F-18 stuff, on carrier landings. They have a former TOPGUN on the team.

For the Darkstar they had help with the aerodynamics from someone they're not allowed to talk about. An unamed company that is working on a similar aircraft.

They want to add the carrier to free flight eventually. The carrier in the challenge is moving.

They are going to reduce the frequency of sim updates - a good idea IMHO.

I personally _really_ like having something new to look forward to every other month, and I don't mind a few hiccups along the way in the name of progress.

It's clear the average user doesn't feel the same way - fewer updates with more testing will go a loooong way toward alleviating update fatigue. I'll just have to be more patient. 

seb once again doesn know what hes talking about, all people want is set fps limit in menu like most other games has, 

Edited by steve 86

1 minute ago, enright said:

They are going to reduce the frequency of sim updates - a good idea IMHO.

I personally _really_ like having something new to look forward to every other month, and I don't mind a few hiccups along the way in the name of progress.

It's clear the average user doesn't feel the same way - fewer updates with more testing will go a loooong way toward alleviating update fatigue. I'll just have to be more patient. 

It's just difficult to develop something - even painting liveries can be affected which I've found to be the case.  I'm all for updates but maybe twice a year?  Or four times a year?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 3

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

29 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

It's just difficult to develop something - even painting liveries can be affected which I've found to be the case.  I'm all for updates but maybe twice a year?  Or four times a year?

As much as I'd miss having shiny new features to tinker with - I think you're spot on: twice a year, with a full 60 day testing / public beta phase.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

I'm not particularly impressed with their tone at times.

I stopped watching these Q&As as they read like a Marketing Script most of the time, for sure Sebs segments on Physics can be cool as well as 3rd party devs who come on for a chat, but Jorg is there to smile and pretend everything is OK whilst Martial acts like he doesn't want to be there at all.

I actually tuned in tonight just for the VR question, the response was massively underwhelming (again) for a platform they consider to be just as important as Xbox.....yeah right....17months on and one new feature added, new bugs they introduced still not fixed and....that's about it! DLSS is not going to be for everyone, the only shining light was perhaps the switch from a "VR Team" to integrate VR with the Core development - again something that should've been there from the very start, but we all know they didn't plan for VR in the first place and it smacks of being a hindrance to their plans now.

These Q&As sounded like a good idea in the beginning, but they've become a drag. I get some people lap it up and enjoy them, but not for me!

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Did they address the ATC/AI refactoring effort? I saw it on the screen but had it muted as I'm at work.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Did they address the ATC/AI refactoring effort? I saw it on the screen but had it muted as I'm at work.

so they're implementing minimal vectoring changes to ATC, by the sounds of it for SU11, but conveniently dodged the AI answer - major effin eye roll from me on this 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

56 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

I'm not particularly impressed with their tone at times.

They are developers what you expect everything to be quotha? Its surprisingly they do these Q&A's in the first place.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, MarcG said:

These Q&As sounded like a good idea in the beginning, but they've become a drag. I get some people lap it up and enjoy them, but not for me!

The fact that the top execs are on these and not just community managers is very healthy IMHO - it removes any filter between the company and its customers. They see the feedback in chat and they have to directly answer for hiccups, etc. You can clearly see that they are uncomfortable with the recent xbox stability issues for example - and rightfully so. They also get exposure to what their most passionate customers are interested in.

I think there's value in it beyond the marketing angle.

• Like 3

Just now, enright said:

They see the feedback in chat and they have to directly answer for hiccups, etc.

unless a community manager manages you and removes your comment

• Upvote 1