Sign in to follow this  
Guest Loke

Norway Scenic X: no cars?

I've flown above Norway Scenic X for a while now and it occured to me I never saw cars (which I like). So I turned up cars to 100% and still there is nothing!Should cars have been added somehow in the scenery? Or is there something else wrong...?

Hi there,by default FSX includes road traffic only on major (divided) highways, which are rare in Norway. I checked the default files with TMFViewer and only three roads in the Oslo area have moving traffic.It's possible to add traffic but it's very tedious because FSX only supports one-directional traffic on the road vectors, meaning you have to add opposing traffic vectors on either side of the existing highway.The upcoming Ultimate Terrain Europe will probably include additional road traffic throughout its coverage area.Cheers, Holger

Okay, thx for the info! In that case I might was well set the cars to zero and up the boats a bit! ;)BTW I'm still having great fun flying around in Norway! :) I'm hopping from airport to airport now and already visited 2 of the 3 updated-airports (with very nice high-res textures on the main buildings!). I sure hope more updated airports will follow! Haven't seen any of the updated brdiges yet though.

>The upcoming Ultimate Terrain Europe will probably include>additional road traffic throughout its coverage area.>>Cheers, HolgerThat will hurt FPS ;-)Cheers,Andr

André

Guest Loke

There aren`t many divided roads in Norway, as the politicians are still living in the stone age :-violin You will find divided, four-lane roads in Bergen, near Stavanger, Kristiansand, and from T