Sign in to follow this  
molleh

A few more questions

1) Vectoring seems "hyperactive", i.e. giving me heading instructions one after another, sometimes only two or three degrees difference - is there a way to get P2ATC to "simmer" down and be less "worried" about what heading I'm on, or at least perform the check less often?

2) I know P2ATC can't control or interact with AI in MSFS, but it does see it (and alert the player, which I like) - but is there a way to make P2ATC ignore it for the purposes of landing/go around instructions? With heavy AI traffic, there's pretty much always going to be an AI on the active and I keep getting P2ATC telling me to go around (makes sense, but I dunno how else to get around this particular problem without just turning AI off entirely.)

3) Is there a way to separate audio playback device for TTS vs. all other audio (i.e. ATC chatter files) for those of us outputting TTS sound through a processor to make them more radio-sounding?

Thanks in advance!

1) Try increasing the Off Course Warning Interval value on the ATC Settings tab of Config.  

2) Reduce the amount of AI Traffic.  Also, if there are parallel runways at an airport, figure out which one is not being used for takeoffs and always select that one for your Approaches.  You can also select which one is used for Takeoff and which for Landings in TaxiMnt Runways tab.

3) No.  Only one device is used for all P2A output.

Dave

On 5/27/2022 at 12:41 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

2) Reduce the amount of AI Traffic.  Also, if there are parallel runways at an airport, figure out which one is not being used for takeoffs and always select that one for your Approaches.  You can also select which one is used for Takeoff and which for Landings in TaxiMnt Runways tab.

Hi Dave,

I like high AI levels, and often get a Go-Around instruction from P2A. But when I can see that the culprit AI aircraft will be clear of the runway before I touch-down, I ignore the instruction and land anyway.

So, could you delay the "GA" check & instruction until we're much closer to the touch-down? Perhaps an adjustable delay would work for users to make it suit their aircraft's typical landing Vref speed?

Pete

• Like 5

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I'll look at doing that Pete.  

Dave

Edit: It'll be in the next public Beta.

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

I'll look at doing that Pete.  

Dave

Edit: It'll be in the next public Beta.

Thanks Dave!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I relaxed the off course, off heading and check frequency but ATC is still quite hyperactive in giving heading instructions. "american 525 turn left heading 049" "turn left heading 049 american 525" "american 525 turn right heading 051" "turn right heading 051 american 525" "american 525 heading is 051" "heading 051 american 525" all in the space of a few seconds, for example.

also there appears to be a bug with the co-pilot auto-replies/radio tuning immediately after takeoff where it cuts itself off while saying "good day" or whatever and rapidly switches to talking to departure.

Thanks!

Edited by molleh

Please email the log file for this flight to admin@p2atc.com.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, and is closed when you shut it down. So if you take the most recent one after you have the error and after you shut down P2A, you should have the correct one.