Sign in to follow this  
NiklasHJ

Fenix A320 Autopilot turns off during flight

Hallo,

If I want to start a flight with Fenix A320 all works great but short before reaching cruising flight level or sometimes after, the autopilot turns off by itself. I can do whatever I want but it cannot be turned on again. I have deleted the aircraft and reinstall but it doesn‘t work. 
I have searched in the Internet but I cannot found some stuff based in this problem. 
Any ideas? I dont know what to do next. Thankyou 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NiklasHJ said:

Hallo,

If I want to start a flight with Fenix A320 all works great but short before reaching cruising flight level or sometimes after, the autopilot turns off by itself. I can do whatever I want but it cannot be turned on again. I have deleted the aircraft and reinstall but it doesn‘t work. 
I have searched in the Internet but I cannot found some stuff based in this problem. 

I had that happen for the first time today.  After the flight I restarted my PC, and it has been fine ever since. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, NiklasHJ said:

Hallo,

it happened to me this morning and wouldnt allow me to turn the autopilot back on, then i seen the right aileron was lifted and the rudder was pushed to the left. so i pressed my right rudder peddle and then it allowed me to turn auto pilot back on, 

since then i have found out if i press number pad 0+6 it does something to the rudder and aileron 

this might help you but may not, hope you get it fixed 

Edited by steve 86
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, steve 86 said:

it happened to me this morning and wouldnt allow me to turn the autopilot back on, then i seen the right aileron was lefted and the rudder was pushed to the left. so i pressed my right rudder peddle and then it allowed me to turn auto pilot back on, 

since then i have found out if i press number pad 0+6 it does something to the rudder and aileron 

this might help you but may not, hope you get it fixed 

You may have a key assigned to the rudder in MSFS. That would cause the AP to kick off, if it was getting a control input that was stuck. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

You can try if increasing the deadzones of your controllers helps.

• Like 1

I am experiencing the same problem and by reading everyone's comments I realised by pressing the num 0 key it moves the rudder one notch. If you keep pressing the num 0 it moves another notch and of course you get a fault on the display. If you reset the rudder then it disappears but will come back as soon as you press that num 0 again. Same thing with the other flight controls, something makes them move position .....It has nothing to do with the deadzone as the rudder has no deadzone adjustment. I don't know what causes that behavior nor how to fix it

48 minutes ago, Fonsyjet said:

I am experiencing the same problem and by reading everyone's comments I realised by pressing the num 0 key it moves the rudder one notch. If you keep pressing the num 0 it moves another notch and of course you get a fault on the display. If you reset the rudder then it disappears but will come back as soon as you press that num 0 again. Same thing with the other flight controls, something makes them move position .....It has nothing to do with the deadzone as the rudder has no deadzone adjustment. I don't know what causes that behavior nor how to fix it

I have solved the problem by clearing all the keyboard assigments to the Primary control surfaces and trimming surfaces in the control options of the keyboard. Removed all the keyboard inputs related to the flight control surfaces since I am using a control stick to fly the plane and not the keyboard inputs. 

2 hours ago, Fonsyjet said:

The rudder does have a dead zone adjustment like any other control. 

On 5/26/2022 at 1:32 PM, NiklasHJ said:

Hallo,

I have been battling this since day one. Sometimes I can complete a flight but most often not. It's very random when this happens. 

changing the joystick sensitivity for the dead zone to 10% solved my problem. I recommend to do same  to the people havingautopilot goingoff in Fenix A320

1 hour ago, sibel said:

changing the joystick sensitivity for the dead zone to 10% solved my problem. I recommend to do same  to the people havingautopilot goingoff in Fenix A320

10% is a pretty big dead zone, did you try something like 5 % first?

The new wind gust in MSFS can sometime create over speed and under speed condition, hence AP switching off. In this case I manually control the plane to bring it back to safe value until re-engaging the AP. Hope it will get fixed down the line.

Personally I am not so mad about this issue, remembers me of six packs blind recovery training, first airspeed, then attitude, and finally altitude, or VS to be more precise.