Sign in to follow this  
GSalden

Anyone tried Feel There :Frankfurt EDDF

6 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Now I'm confused.

I had a thread asking about add on airports and the feedback was that there is no need if you have the hand crafted version (premium deluxe).

Now I understand it's not that good.

I am on the fence if to get the standard and buy add-ons when available or just buy the premium deluxe and settle for the handcrafted airports

The handcrafted airports are very good. KATL is exceptionally great! There are a few handcrafted airports that have been updated by add-on devs and I have most of them, such as Denver, Chicago, etc. I still recommend the Premium version for the added airports and airplanes. Just wait for it to go on sale.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

6 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Now I'm confused.

I had a thread asking about add on airports and the feedback was that there is no need if you have the hand crafted version (premium deluxe).

I am on the fence if to get the standard and buy add-ons when available or just buy the premium deluxe and settle for the handcrafted airports

Don't forget about the planes in premium, if you wish to fly them you might be worth. When it comes to the "handcrafted" airports, I would consider buying the standard or deluxe version and update with external addon devs. Many of us - including me - bought the premium because of old FSX habits. Back than you would need the acceleration package for FSX for certain addons/functions. I don't know how likely that is to happen to MSFS, now after two years I don't think it will be an issue. However, you never new, if they put up something for only premium users. Can someone relate to the comment that they wanted to update stuff only on premium version? Maybe if many users ask Asobo or start a vote, they will update the handcrafted airports, I think its a reasonable and understandble request.

• Like 2

I did NOT read anywhere that the handcrafted airports would be enhanced further. However, I've seen updates where many airports were patched.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shomron said:

The Quality factor is ALWAYS subjective based on a user's tastes, and in most cases when its a simmer who knows the airport very well in real life (either a pilot or passenger who flies their often, or of course works there or lives near it)...you will be hard-pressed for them to say the hand-crafted one's are good enough.

One exception I note is Atlanta.  I lived there for 25 years, and flew in/out of Hartsfield twice a week for over a decade.  I felt that the hand crafted version (premium deluxe) was very well done!  Was it perfect or would I prefer it over quality 3rd party ones? In this case, the Imaginesim one was not better "enough" to warrant the buy IMO.  I sadly don't fly in/out to her anymore (unless I'm on Delta and connecting to the eastern seaboard, LOL), and that mimics my flight patterns in the sim (I just don't fly there much anymore).

So I'd say in eveyone's case...I think you should take the risk to buy the premium version if you don't have it yet...it has other benefits other than just "bespoke" airports.  Then when you're evaluating if you want to buy a 3rd party, you can go to your now "default" airport and compare with the screenshots or reviews from others...see if you'll fly into enough, and make your informed decision. 🙂 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

10 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

Don't forget about the planes in premium, if you wish to fly them you might be worth. When it comes to the "handcrafted" airports, I would consider buying the standard or deluxe version and update with external addon devs. Many of us - including me - bought the premium because of old FSX habits. Back than you would need the acceleration package for FSX for certain addons/functions. I don't know how likely that is to happen to MSFS, now after two years I don't think it will be an issue. However, you never new, if they put up something for only premium users. Can someone relate to the comment that they wanted to update stuff only on premium version? Maybe if many users ask Asobo or start a vote, they will update the handcrafted airports, I think its a reasonable and understandble request.

Hehe...we literally were replying at the same time with two completely different approaches! 🤣  I too went the "old school" method to get the whole sh'bang because I didn't want to miss anything (and I could afford it...I know that is always a concern, but fortunately at my stage of life, that is not a pressing issue)

And just because of my financial situation, it does not mean I would buy everything out there....LOL...there is a space issue that is quickly sneaking up on me, as I'm it is for all of us because of one, universal reason: flightsim.to. LOL

I have a 1TB Nve dedicated to MSFS...just a few hundred gig left. 😲  Now need to investigate a larger one...and thinking I should skip  the 2TB, and go 4.  That hopefully will future-proof me before the technology outpaces the storage capacity and I'll need a better, faster 8-16TB a few years down the road, LOL. 
And just remember, the "older" simmers here can remember when the the 400mb (yes megabyte) drives were the default size...if you had a 500 or 850, you were "someone"...and when the 1GB (yes gigabyte) hit the scene, I remember the 1st time at work a co-worker brought his shiny new WD 1GB HDD to work for all of us geeks to gawk at...yes just the drive...before he installed it in his 486Dx with 8mb (yes megabytes) of ram. 😂

Edited by Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

50 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Hehe...we literally were replying at the same time with two completely different approaches! 🤣  I too went the "old school" method to get the whole sh'bang because I didn't want to miss anything (and I could afford it...I know that is always a concern, but fortunately at my stage of life, that is not a pressing issue)

And just because of my financial situation, it does not mean I would buy everything out there....LOL...there is a space issue that is quickly sneaking up on me, as I'm it is for all of us because of one, universal reason: flightsim.to. LOL

I have a 1TB Nve dedicated to MSFS...just a few hundred gig left. 😲  Now need to investigate a larger one...and thinking I should skip  the 2TB, and go 4.  That hopefully will future-proof me before the technology outpaces the storage capacity and I'll need a better, faster 8-16TB a few years down the road, LOL. 
And just remember, the "older" simmers here can remember when the the 400mb (yes megabyte) drives were the default size...if you had a 500 or 850, you were "someone"...and when the 1GB (yes gigabyte) hit the scene, I remember the 1st time at work a co-worker brought his shiny new WD 1GB HDD to work for all of us geeks to gawk at...yes just the drive...before he installed it in his 486Dx with 8mb (yes megabytes) of ram. 😂

Or, you could do what I did. Get a second 1TB drive and put all your add-ons in the new drive.

Then, link it all up with the add-on linker. 😀

You see what I did there?

21 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Or, you could do what I did. Get a second 1TB drive and put all your add-ons in the new drive.

Then, link it all up with the add-on linker. 😀

You see what I did there?

Yep...that is the route I'm going when I do it...but I have to check if I have any NVE slots left 😞  I have 2 1TBs in there now...both filling up at an alarming rate.  As a painter, I have gigs upon gigs of paint stuff all over...may be time to clean up, LOL...have a 4TB HDD I can connect to offload (because who ever deletes stuff anymore?) hehe.

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Back on topic : someone has made all ground markings for the A terminal (Flightsim.to) and another person made all Lufthansa logos for the airport (flightsim.to)…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 hours ago, Bigt said:

Is a good quality EDDF being worked on by anyone?

About a year ago, Aviotek announced they are working on a EDDF scenery. There even were some early renderings.

https://fsnews.eu/aviotek-simulation-software-previews-frankfurt-airport-for-x-plane-11-and-msfs/

Unfortunately they went silent after the announcement. Last sign of life was a posting on their forums in october.

Edited by -Belga-

Asobo handcrafted EDDF does have a tree and a bush growing on one of the taxiways. So it is not that great….

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

8 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

As others have noted...one of Aerosoft's affiliate airport creators (or was it them themselves, not sure)....did create the best one for P3D as about 99.9% of simmers here know.  Hoping they or another good airport dev is hot-n-heavy on getting one out...we NEED it,

That is exactly the reason why I didn't get the premium deluxe version of MSFS on release, The Aircraft were uninteressting to me and the Airports, well the only one that I really wanted was EDDF and I assumed it would be done relatively soon by a 3rd Party.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, -Belga- said:

About a year ago, Aviotek announced they are working on a EDDF scenery. There even were some early renderings.

https://fsnews.eu/aviotek-simulation-software-previews-frankfurt-airport-for-x-plane-11-and-msfs/

Unfortunately they went silent after the announcement. Last sign of life was a posting on their forums in october.

They posted some more renders towards the end of April on Facebook

WAT1036.png

7 hours ago, daan_vb said:

They posted some more renders towards the end of April on Facebook

Thanks, didn't know that since I don't have a FB account and none of the usual flight sim news outlets covered it.

Edited by -Belga-

10 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

Asobo handcrafted EDDF does have a tree and a bush growing on one of the taxiways. So it is not that great….

As far as I know, that was fixed with the latest update.

FlyByWire Simulations