Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Butch1

(HLBK) Kambut Libya in P3D V5

Recommended Posts

This is what I see for the Kambut Libya airport in P3D V5 - I tried to adjust the elevation in ADE and only the runway is raised.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post

Is this a commercial scenery package? If so you need to contact the support team.

 


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

No,  This is stock P3D V5 scenery. I also posted this at P3D forum so far....no takers.

 

Edited by Butch1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Butch1 said:

No,  This is stock P3D V5 scenery. I also posted this at P3D forum so far....no takers.

Okay. If you have no other addons that could impact on altitudes then it will be read by LM staff. I had a reply from them about another default scenery issue so they might respond.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

It needs a flatten placed under the airport at the proper elevation.


Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post

I'm trying to flatten the file but for some reason the entire runway/airport is not flattened.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post

If this is a default airport it shouldn’t be necessary for the user to correct it. LM are responsible for getting this right.


Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2 & v3.4, Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0Ghz, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, Asus Prime Z370-A mobo, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 3000Mhz RAM, Win 10 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Share this post


Link to post

To fix it in ADE you need to use the "add polygon" tool to place a terrain polygon under the entire airport perimeter, of type "Airport Background" with tag "Flatten Mask Class Map" set to the average altitude of the surrounding terrain.

 


Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

To fix it in ADE you need to use the "add polygon" tool to place a terrain polygon under the entire airport perimeter, of type "Airport Background" with tag "Flatten Mask Class Map" set to the average altitude of the surrounding terrain.

 

Thanks for the bump back. i tried your suggestion and as you can see in the overhead shot some of the airport is still below adjacent areas.

It's hard to make that poly tool to stick down a square area to flatten. You can see my dark brown area the margin on the right.

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If this is a default airport it shouldn’t be necessary for the user to correct it. LM are responsible for getting this right.

True but LM will take seemingly forever,if ever to correct. I've seen scenery faux pas that have been unanswered on their forum for three years.

Edited by Butch1

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Butch1 said:

Thanks for the bump back. i tried your suggestion and as you can see in the overhead shot some of the airport is still below adjacent areas.

It's hard to make that poly tool to stick down a square area to flatten. You can see my dark brown area the margin on the right.

spacer.png

To make the edges of the airport match the surrounding terrain, you can place terrain poly triangles abutted edge-to-edge around the periphery, and then set the vertices of the triangles individually to match the terrain.  It's a really tedious process...can't imagine why this airport in the middle of nowhere would be worth the effort.  I'd be more bothered by the green grass texture in the middle of the Sahara Desert than some minor plateauing around the edges.


Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i9-10900K @ 5.2GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XII Hero, 32GB GSkill 3600MHz CAS15, EVGA RTX3090 XC3 Ultra
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x NVME 2x SATA Samsung SSD, EVGA 1KW PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
SoundBlaster XFi Titanium, TOSLINK to Yamaha RX-V467 HT Rcvr, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

To make the edges of the airport match the surrounding terrain, you can place terrain poly triangles abutted edge-to-edge around the periphery, and then set the vertices of the triangles individually to match the terrain.  It's a really tedious process...can't imagine why this airport in the middle of nowhere would be worth the effort.  I'd be more bothered by the green grass texture in the middle of the Sahara Desert than some minor plateauing around the edges.

I agree it is in the middle of nowhere and not worth the effort. it was something that I thought I'd get some experience in trying to correct.

It was a location that I was made aware of from a different fltsim forum.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...