Sign in to follow this  
Jason_Peters

Why are Add on Aircraft so hard on the fps?!? (FSX)

Is it just my system or, does FSX hate add on aircraft? I can hold 20-28 fps over major cities auch as Denver, (occasional dip to 18 here with the mountains) or Oklahoma City with any of the default aircraft. (The CRJ is really amazing when the sim is running smooth. Nice job ACES!)However, I load up an add on aircraft (ESDG C400, SR-22, IRIS F-14A, T-45C, Carenado C-182Q, C-206) and my fps is almost cut in half and in come the stutters and blurries. The two ESDG planes are the worst offenders, but all of them kill my fps. I have other aircraft to bring over from FS9 but with this performance hit I wonder if its even worth it? I can drop my sliders and make thigs usable (with stutters). But, why the large fps hit?!? In FS9 we lost at most 2-5 fps for things like this...I just don't get it, but I am tired of tweaking.... :(My system specs:Dell XPS 600Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) 3.0ghz2 Gigs RamNVIDIA 7900 GTX 512MB -Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Thanks GEOFA! I must have read right over that thread while reading the forums! Well, at least its not just me...Though, I still think we are paying a much higher penalty fps wise with add on aircraft than previously. I guess we can only hope it gets better as aircraft are designed specifically for FSX and not ported over from FS9 as most are now.I guess the tweaking continues... :( I'll have to strike a balance, I like the ESDG C400 too much... :-lol-Jason Peters E-3 AWACS Flight Engineer USAF (Former B-52H Crew Chief)http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest unitedpilot36

It takes resources to power all that extra detail.

It will eventually be cheaper to get a real PPL and fly real Cessna'sal

>I can drop my sliders and make thigs usable (with stutters).>But, why the large fps hit?!? In FS9 we lost at most 2-5 fps>for things like this...>>I just don't get it, but I am tired of tweaking.... :(>>My system specs:>Jason besides all the extra details and calculations I tell you a secret ;-)There is just a lot of bad programming floating around ;-)Cheers,Andr

André