Sign in to follow this  
teravestarjen

Issue with scanning liveries

Dear all,

I get the following error when scanning for liveries: ===> liveries folder search aborted No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page.

Anyone any clue?

Best regards,

Arjen

Hi Arjen 

It means that there is a "strange" two byte character in an utf16 file...

In the next version I"ll put more debug code in so you will get more info about where that was..

Now you have to find out by trial and error. Split up your liveries  test one half and so on.

Groeten,

Nico

Hi Nico,

I have converted all files to UTF-8, however still see the error.

Out of curiousity I ran the good old AIL generator and indeed there are differences in the number of liveries found. A couple of 100 to be precise. 

Does the application somehow log which file is causing the scan to abort?

Best regards,

Arjen

PS: P3D user.

Edited by teravestarjen
Clarification

27 minutes ago, teravestarjen said:

Out of curiousity I ran the good old AIL generator and indeed there are differences in the number of liveries found. A couple of 100 to be precise. 

Hi Arjan,

PSXT 31.9.6 with auto scan liveries off and lFolder parameters set equal to the folders in AILGenerator should give the same results....

PSXT 31.10.0 may give more liveries because it no longer prioritizes the folders.

I have not yet been able to add more debug info. That will be after June the 16th. I am going to visit England first (coming wednesday). (Corona backlog 😉 ) 

Best Regards,

Nico

Hi Nico,

Ok, no problem. Just to be sure, the aircraft.cfg files should be in UTF-8/Ascii, correct?

Have a good trip to England.

Best regards,

Arjen

48 minutes ago, teravestarjen said:

Just to be sure, the aircraft.cfg files should be in UTF-8/Ascii, correct?

For PSXT it does not matter utf8 or utf16, it can handle both. However, it cannot write back in utf16, re-numbering aircraft.cfg files will not work.

Don't know exactly the rules for P3D, but I have encountered both utf8 and utf16; in the add-on.xml files too.

Edited by kiek

How can I fix this issue frustrating keeps up with scanning for liveries doesn't connect to the sim can sumone do a video on how n where the files go on psxt n liveries folder is empty on the psxt file wat file goes in ther wish this was simple n easy to connect.was working for me before now it got worse since the new version smh.

11 hours ago, blueskies2k40 said:

How can I fix this issue frustrating keeps up with scanning for liveries doesn't connect to the sim can sumone do a video on how n where the files go on psxt n liveries folder is empty on the psxt file wat file goes in ther wish this was simple n easy to connect.was working for me before now it got worse since the new version smh.

? Please write a post in normal language.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1