Sign in to follow this  
shally17

Panning in MSFS2020

Hello All,

Apologies if this is a stupid question. After many years enjoying P3D and FSX before that, I have finally started exploring MSFS2020. Is there a way to pan around the cockpit, and around the aircraft when in external view, using the hat switch on the CH products yoke? 

Regards,

Stephen Shallcross.

Utube is your friend.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

OR

1. Go to options/controls/ joystick, Right under the name of your joystick, create a new profile so you can always go back to the default if you mess things up or don’t like the results. This name change may happen automatically when you start to change things.

2. Click on camera/cockpit camera.

3. Find the POV options, choose one, like the POV left, and click on the box with the POV left arrow. Mine originally said “cockpit quickview left”. After you click on the box some options come up. Click clear current input. Then click Validate. You may have to do this several times as it took me a few trys. Continue this process with all four POV directions, clearing the input for each and verifying that they are all clear. You can check by searching for the input in the left search area and check that the POV keys do nothing.

4. In the left filter box, switch the filter to ALL. You may have to press expand/collapse all to see all the options. Find “cockpit look left” under camera/cockpit camera.

5. Once you have found "cockpit look left’, click on the the box to the right of it. This box should be empty.
    When the options box opens up, press “select an input” and scroll down to POV left arrow. Choose it and then click “validate”
    Do this for the other 3 directions, right, up, and down. Choose Cockpit look right, cockpit look up and cockpit look down for the relevant POV direction.

6. After completing this process for all four directions check to see that the correct command fits the correct POV hat direction.

7. If everything looks correct, click or press F11 in the bottom to save you new profile.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I do it this way: One hat for panning up down left right. And another hat for translating (non swivel) up down left right. I use the same 2 hats for the external view. And the same 2  hats for the 'show camera, a.k.a. drone views).

One hat is 7,8,9,10  the other hat is 11,12,13,14

(You can't translate in the external view)

MSFS calls 'panning' : 'look' or 'yaw' instead of panning

MSFS calls 'translate': either 'translate' or it can be 'increase view height' / 'decrease view height'. But all of those are just translate (what FSX used to call 'eyepoint').

So, I'm using the same hats for cockpit, external, and drone views.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.