Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Fenix with Self loading cargo, Thinking of buying

Man I miss FSX Passenger X.  Loved that low quality sound of screaming when you get into some nice turbulence! 

Also watching the passenger's happiness level slowly drop and you have to serve them more drinks, food or put on a movie!

Edited by VBHB
  • Like 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

12 minutes ago, VBHB said:

Man I miss FSX Passenger X.  Loved that low quality sound of screaming when you get into some nice turbulence! 

Also watching the passenger's happiness level slowly drop and you have to serve them more drinks, food or put on a movie!

SLC does this and more. You even see the passengers walking in the cabin. Cabins can be customized too.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Sounds like some of you have learnt the same lesson with SLC as I did with Airsimmer; Never, ever, EVER buy an addon on the basis of promises or intentions, ALWAYS buy based on the current state of the product, because there's no guarantees it'll get updated. Another example would be the Digital Aviation F100 virtual cockpit, we even got to see screenshot of that but it was never completed.

Since the days of FS Passengers, I never really got the point of these addons tbh. Each to their own of course, we all enjoy our sim in different ways, but surely I would be the one making the PAs (they ain't pre-recorded beyond safety demo) and I don't believe flight deck really hear much from the cabin after the door is closed? I remember FS Pax scoring stuff like when music was played during departure and when the food was served, at which point I dubbed it "cabin crew simulator" and concluded it was not for me nor had any relevance to the activities of flight crew.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 4

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

14 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Sounds like some of you have learnt the same lesson with SLC as I did with Airsimmer; Never, ever, EVER buy an addon on the basis of promises or intentions, ALWAYS buy based on the current state of the product, because there's no guarantees it'll get updated. Another example would be the Digital Aviation F100 virtual cockpit, we even got to see screenshot of that but it was never completed.

I never really got the point of these addons tbh, since the days of FS Passengers. I mean each to their own, we all enjoy our sim in different ways, but surely I would be the one making the PAs and I don't flight deck really hear much from the cabin after doors are closed? I just remember FS Pax scoring stuff like when music was played during departure and when the food was served, at which point I dubbed it "cabin crew simulator" and concluded it was not for me nor had any relevance to the activities of flight crew.

I was never really an Airline Captain in my flightsims. I bought the airliners for FSX, P3D, and XP11, but only flew them a few times. I enjoyed my Citation Mustang flights with default P3D planner & default ATC. Always used ActiveSky, default planner, Mustang, and default ATC with engines on and ready to copy. Followed the default ATC instructions from take-off to landing.

That changed with MSFS and the release of the Concorde. I wanted the full experience including, customer satisfaction. There's so much time in between long flights to do so many things that SLC became just something else for me to do. Passengers are such an integral part of airliners & the Concorde experience, that SLC was hard for me ignore.

The issue with this add-on is that it has received so much negative vibes and criticism toward the developer that SOME simmers failed to realize what a gem they have right in front of them for a measly $15 US.

I agree with a lot of the comments here.  However, for myself, I enjoy hearing what the pilot on the flight deck would actually hear.  A lot of us simmers make a huge deal, and I do mean big, about the engine sounds, especially startup.  Yet that is not really heard from the flight deck.  But, what is heard clearly is the pax boarding and de-boarding as the cockpit door is always open during this process.  The donation ware FBW has this perfectly and I am surprised that the big developers bypass this completely, it just makes their aircraft dead at the gate so to speak.

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

On 5/29/2022 at 4:07 AM, DJJose said:

I think Steve just got upset because of all the negative reactions by those who bought an add-on that was in early access at a dirt cheap price. A different attitude by customers might have yielded different results by the dev. This is a complex software that is taking him years to update and according to the site the updates will be free.

What? Either this is an excellent display of sarcasm or it's nothing short of victim blaming.
What would you say when PMDG or Fenix got "upset" and simply stopped doing anything for the product you paid money for? Oh and meanwhile talking for two years straight about that "incoming HUGE update that is almost ready".
Also there is nothing complex about that software, it does what any other addon can do (measure landing rate etc.) and adds some simple conditional sounds to it (when at cruise altitude, play sound X etc.). 12 GBP isn't even cheap for that, there's much better payware and even freeware available.

15 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Since the days of FS Passengers, I never really got the point of these addons tbh. Each to their own of course, we all enjoy our sim in different ways, but surely I would be the one making the PAs (they ain't pre-recorded beyond safety demo) and I don't believe flight deck really hear much from the cabin after the door is closed? I remember FS Pax scoring stuff like when music was played during departure and when the food was served, at which point I dubbed it "cabin crew simulator" and concluded it was not for me nor had any relevance to the activities of flight crew.

I would say I agree as I've gotten older. My mindset was completely different back in the FS2004 days. Today I don't want to be serving drinks, starting movies or listening to a safety demonstration on EVERY flight because that's just not what pilots do. 

however, there is demand and potential in this area that really hasn't been realized since FSPassengers. For the rest of us who just aren't want to be pilots and not pilot AND flight attendants there is demand of just not feeling alone on a flight. Sure I don't want to do the above cabin crew things and would just turn off the sounds such as the safety video and beverage service that pilots wouldn't normally hear but I certainly want to control the seatbelt sign, get graded on my flying have a sense of having "passengers" in the back who's lives are in my hands as I try to accomplish the mission. Heck FSPassengers even had the ability to set ticket prices, you could purchase airplanes and have a career. If you crashed you risked losing your career or even having to declare bankruptcy if you had to write an airplane off due to poor airmanship.

In closing, SLC doesn't really do much that's innovative other than the cabin layout to see passengers and crew walking around. It really is an over priced rip off since it will never be finished. The Early access price was a great deal on potential alone and the finished product would have paired nicely with something like Air Hauler 2. Do not buy this. 

13 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

there's much better payware and even freeware available.

Care to list some examples, please?

19 hours ago, ckyliu said:

at which point I dubbed it "cabin crew simulator" and concluded it was not for me nor had any relevance to the activities of flight crew.

Cabin crew activities can be set to automatic.

I very much like hearing the cabin announcements and have specific airline sound sets. It just adds a little more realism to my sim flying.

People may find it a bit gimmicky and it definitely feels unfinished/unpolished, yet it's nice to feel as though there are pax behind the virtual cockpit door.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

19 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Did you just say Airsimmer ?

Took me years to get over that and the flashbacks are back again....🤣

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

FS PC - AMD7900X3D / MSI RTX 4090 24gb / 32gb Ram / Varjo Aero / Bravo Quadrant / Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / Yoke / TPR Pedals

UK Skytours - http://www.ukskytours.co.uk

1 hour ago, Steve_Ellis said:

Did you just say Airsimmer ?

Took me years to get over that and the flashbacks are back again....🤣

Level-D 757.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Yes but none of us paid money for the LD 757. Airsimmer we paid, a lot. And this is before the days of big video previews, we just had their screenshots and promises to go off and it turned out the product was not beta, but an early alpha...

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

23 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Yes but none of us paid money for the LD 757. Airsimmer we paid, a lot. And this is before the days of big video previews, we just had their screenshots and promises to go off and it turned out the product was not beta, but an early alpha...

Yeah, but Steve mentioned flashbacks from failed products and that was a big one for me, haha.

Also the LDS project arguably convinced RSR not to make a 757 after the 737 to not step on toes. We really lost out twice there, even if we didn't pay. 😕

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

16 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

What? Either this is an excellent display of sarcasm or it's nothing short of victim blaming.
What would you say when PMDG or Fenix got "upset" and simply stopped doing anything for the product you paid money for? Oh and meanwhile talking for two years straight about that "incoming HUGE update that is almost ready".
Also there is nothing complex about that software, it does what any other addon can do (measure landing rate etc.) and adds some simple conditional sounds to it (when at cruise altitude, play sound X etc.). 12 GBP isn't even cheap for that, there's much better payware and even freeware available.

I don't compare $70 add-on to $15. I also already got my money's worth when I purchased SLC. I'm sorry that you feel ripped off. I don't get this attitude when 1.55 works fine. I've spend more on airports that I've only used once or twice. There's a freeware option that I tried and I still bought SLC.

This $15 add-on has brought so much grief to some customers that it's pathetic when we consider the cost of add-ons for P3D & XP. SLC works with all three sims. Really sad.

32 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I don't compare $70 add-on to $15. I also already got my money's worth when I purchased SLC. I'm sorry that you feel ripped off. I don't get this attitude when 1.55 works fine. I've spend more on airports that I've only used once or twice. There's a freeware option that I tried and I still bought SLC.

This $15 add-on has brought so much grief to some customers that it's pathetic when we consider the cost of add-ons for P3D & XP. SLC works with all three sims. Really sad.

Can you explain to me how I can use SLC in MSFS at parking positions without jetways?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

56 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Can you explain to me how I can use SLC in MSFS at parking positions without jetways?

With the Concorde, I called the stairs, opened the door, and clicked the landing lights.

Update: You need FSUIPC properly installed (I have the payware version) and I always open LC after MSFS is fully loaded. I use the Pushback mod to call for ground services.

Edited by DJJose