Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Bug with Carribean landing mission?

Am I the only one with a white plane here?(post SP1)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173170.jpg

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Try this, Open up your FSX files (C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFSX). Open the Missions folder.Open the Airline Pilot folder.Open the Caribbean folder.Right click on the Caribbean file (not the HTML one. The one I am speaking of is the one that is about 18KB).Click "Open" (or "Open With..." if that is an option).If "Open With..." isn't one of the options and you have to click "Open", you will have two choices. You will be able to select either "Use the Web service to find the appropriate program" or "Select the program from a list". I would select the latter.Then, scroll down until you see the following:[sim.0]Sim=Bombardier CRJ 700Change that to read:[sim.0]Sim=Bombardier CRJ 700 1I think that will work (I haven't tried it yet but I am going to). Just make sure that before you change this you make a backup copy. I hope this is helpful and works.

guys,Just rename the FLT file with .txt at the end of the FLT file and open it with notepad. Once open, make the change as follows:Sim=Bombardier CRJ 700Change that to read:Sim=Bombardier CRJ 700 paint1note: Bell471 gave almost all this info above. but you must use the word "paint" without quotes before the "1"Don't forget to rename the file back to FLT by erasing ".txt" before flying.Earl

Yeah I know I can fix it, I'm just saying it's a small bug...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

>Yeah I know I can fix it, I'm just saying it's a small>bug...No, it is a "plain white model" that was included for folks to paint themselves...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest radivil

>No, it is a "plain white model" that was included for folks to>paint themselves...>well...the mission's picture in the menu features the white and orange Orbit version and the aircraft is "Orbit something something." So, logically it should be using the Orbit one and not the white one.

no it was painted in RTM....And what he said below...it shows the plane painted,ANYWAY....just a heads upHave a nice day

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |