Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sting S4 from FSReborn is released in the MSFS marketplace

Beautiful little bird. Sounds great too!

• Like 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

7 hours ago, JYW said:

@simbol -

The Sting is absolutely amazing.   For most new aircraft, I'd have a list of things that don't quite seem right.  I have only one thing that I noticed;  Once airborne, with the RPMs at 5500, I would say that the run sound in your model is about 90% prop, 10% engine. 

Although the Rotax engines are surprisingly quiet in the air, this seems just a little too quiet.  I've not flown a Sting but have flown similar airframes (CZAW SportCruiser, Everktor Sportstar), and would say the cockpit noise (wind aside) is about 50% prop, 50% engine.   I'd personally like to hear a little more engine in the skies. 😎

Thanks you for the feedback.. I will discuss it again with the beta tester who owns the airplane. I adjusted the sounds based on his feedback, he has been beta testing for months and he owns a Sting S4 for over 4 years... So somehow I think we have it right.. 😉but we will revise.

This is his aircraft:

sAyZ6iJ.jpg

It is an older version, but engine is the same. In passing we created a livery on his honor for all the help so he can fly virtually any time he wishes.. you can find this repaint in the livery packages.

Best,
Raul

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

WASM, when WASM is addressed for XBOX (I understand it is on SU10), we will go live on Xbox.

thank you, Raul

you’ll get the WASM problem solved,

& your Sting S4 will be Xbox Day 1 purchase for me…

2 hours ago, simbol said:

Thanks you for the feedback.. I will discuss it again with the beta tester who owns the airplane. I adjusted the sounds based on his feedback, he has been beta testing for months and he owns a Sting S4 for over 4 years... So somehow I think we have it right.. 😉but we will revise.

This is his aircraft:

[Pic clipped]

It is an older version, but engine is the same. In passing we created a livery on his honor for all the help so he can fly virtually any time he wishes.. you can find this repaint in the livery packages.

Best,
Raul

Hey Raul,

In that case, disregard my comment about the prop/engine sound ratio.  If that's tuned from an actual owner then that's a better reference to me having flown similar aircraft 😄   Perhaps the Sting has better sound deadening dynamics; with the canopy being so flush.   Anyway, it's a lovey quiet cruise and now that I know that's realistic, I'll enjoy it that way 😎

It is a testament to this amzing aircraft, that I will now spend the (rather high) price and by the TDS GTN750.  I love GTN's but have put it off, as it didn't seem to be integrated into that many planes, to get good value for the price.   I would literally buy the TDS to use only in this place now, it's that good.    I already have the mod from your discord!

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

4 hours ago, Torsen said:

If in addition you want to drop in the TDS GTN instead of the PMS one you have to head over to fsreborn discord. In the mods channel you will find a package for exchanging the PMS with TDS

Thanks for the heads up!

@simbol...mod installed, working beautifully...thanks!  Loving her more every click of the Hobbs. 🙂

SnGbKB.png

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

A fantastic little aircraft, great depth of simulation, and one not to miss.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, JYW said:

by the TDS GTN750

Se my post above with the TDS integrated into the panel with the mod.   Working perfectly, and the TDS is worth every penny!  Is flawless in the great 414a also....and you get TWO of them in the panel 🙂 

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

50 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Great pic!  I like that red and grey livery.  I'll have to wait for next month because I blew my budget already hehe.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, Torsen said:

Thats really weird. Just tested and the RPM slowly going down with cutting the throttle to idle with manual full rpm. I usually do not use my honeycomb with the Sting but I will check. In the meantime could you please verify without the Honeycomb in use if its the same?

Cheers

T.

EDIT:

just did a quick check and working fine on my end with the Bravo with the following in use:

unknown.png

Yes I have the same setup plus mixture axis. I will try again today . Another thing I turn auto rpm first and then turned it off and start using propeller. Could it be glitch with that?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Yes I have the same setup plus mixture axis. I will try again today . Another thing I turn auto rpm first and then turned it off and start using propeller. Could it be glitch with that?

I usually create profiles with minimum needed setup with the Bravo so only axis in use but mixture should do no harm. And you can switch between auto or manual rpm without problems. Auto will try to hold 5500 but as soon its out of range it should drop accordingly too. Stays a weird observed behavior. And please test one time without Bravo. Sometimes some bind button or axis can have side effects.

Cheers T.

Thank you for this.  One thing is the 90 and 270 degree hat switch view puts a view behind the seats. Is this intentional?

Are there plans for documentation/manual? I did not see any in the various folders of fsreborn-aircarft-stings4.

Edited by 69Yanks

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

I usually create profiles with minimum needed setup with the Bravo so only axis in use but mixture should do no harm. And you can switch between auto or manual rpm without problems. Auto will try to hold 5500 but as soon its out of range it should drop accordingly too. Stays a weird observed behavior. And please test one time without Bravo. Sometimes some bind button or axis can have side effects.

Cheers T.

I will try later on today again ! I have multiple profiles for bravo ranging from DC-6 and A320 to PC-6 and Cessna 172 ! I'm using Cessna 172 profile for Sting

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I'll have to wait for next month because I blew my budget already hehe.

Me too! But this is the next aircraft I will buy and very much looking forward to it.

Dan Scott