Sign in to follow this  
Guest UlfB

hifi can clouds look like this

Guest UlfB

Depends on what you think is similar ;-)I took a shot at about fl330 with on of the cumulus sets (Set 23 Harmonize). Tell me what you think.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/173179.jpgThis was with resolution 256x256 DXT5 format. I haven't tried the other resolutions and formats yet. As with FS9 you get a heavy impact on fps with several cloud layers and weather sliders to max values.Ulf B

Guest unitedpilot36

We'll see what Aces whips up for dx10. I'm not expecting miracles but I Think they'll be working on volumetric clouds.

what system you got there UlfB?im just waiting for my C2Do box with 8800GT card which i hopefully will get in the next couple of days, just wondering if i can max my sliders on FS9 with that system and get clouds similiar to what you depict in your pic.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

>As with FS9 you get a>heavy impact on fps with several cloud layers and weather>sliders to max values.Interestingly, I get minimal impact on frames, but I have had more of the "Out of available memory" errors since installing ASX.CheersChris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest UlfB

>what system you got there UlfB?>Clayton,Asus P5W DH Deluxe, Intle X6800 (OC to 3.3)4GB RAM (Corsair)BFG 8800GTX (no OC)If I max out the cloud settings and have a couple of layers, FSX only give me single fps. So when I actually fly with ASX I usally ease up on the settings. Still looks good.Ulf B

oh wow you have monster system there!do you still have FS9? Interesting to know if you can max all the sliders and clouds and get fluid gameplay.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Guest tcable

I'm running ASX with detailed clouds in FSX on a nold system- and it's fluidno real FPS hit (which amazes me)

Guest UlfB

Clayton,>oh wow you have monster system there!Yeah! And I got a monster hole in my wallet as well ;-)>do you still have FS9? Interesting to know if you can max all>the sliders and clouds and get fluid gameplay.Nope! When I built myself the new computer I choose to not reinstall FS9. Some times the wait for SP1 and good ad-ons, like ASX and X Graphics, felt very frustrating and I seriously considered to bring life back to FS9. Hopefully we'll have GE and UT released as well.Ulf B :-)

Guest UlfB

>I'm running ASX with detailed clouds in FSX on a nold system->and it's fluid>no real FPS hit (which amazes me)Try this to check out if you have a fps hit like I have:1. In FSX set all slider on the Weather tab to max, except rate of change, which you set to low.2. Create two cloudlayers of cumulus clouds. Both overcast (8/8) and the first layer from 3000 up to 8000 feet and the second from 16000 feet to 33000 feet.3. Set autogen to dense and Scenery complexity to max.4. Water to 2.x Low.5. AI traffic to 50% and 30% for airline and ga traffic.6. If you have a new nVIDIA card, set AA to combined (using nHancer) to supersampling with 8S AA. AF to program controlled. (This setting eliminates allmost all shimmering). AA disabled and AF enabled in FSX.Tell me what fps you get when you fly the default Boeing 738 at fl350.Ulf B :-)