Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Anyone catch the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series yet? We should probably start a thread on it. I like reliving the Star Wars nostalgia so the recaps from the 90's era films was a good tie in, and I think that young Leia Organa was great with her sass, just what you would imagine Leia to be like at that age. Kind of a slow start but that it what these TV Series are like these days. Looking forward to Hayden Christensen reprising his role as Darth Vader, as he is older now I think it is a great opportunity to take this on again, so far we've just had one glimpse of him. And of course I like Ewan McGregor as Ben Kenobi, now that he is aged he is closer to the 'Old Ben' era that Alec Guiness was so great at.  

I like reliving my youth through these ones and hopefully my kids catch on this time as up to now Star Wars has been a pass for them. They didn't like that last series of films but so far they do like The Bad Batch. I want them to get into the original characters so this one looks good for the next generation of kids. 

Matthew Kane

Just finished both episodes. They were fantastic!

• Like 1

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

"Scream!", exclaimed Reva the boring and angry cardboard villain again and again. The rest of the first two episodes' script, cast, and production values were very good. It's too much to expect a really great villain like Darth Vader. But the Third Sister is holding back this otherwise surprisingly good show.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

2 hours ago, Fielder said:

"Scream!", exclaimed Reva the boring and angry cardboard villain again and again. The rest of the first two episodes' script, cast, and production values were very good. It's too much to expect a really great villain like Darth Vader. But the Third Sister is holding back this otherwise surprisingly good show.

yes these new villains haven't grown on me yet, Grand Inquisitor is typical Star Wars bad dialogue and Reva is another wishy washy antagonist. Apparently Darth has a big appearance in this, as these guys are his operatives all this is going to lead to something big between Obi-wan and Anakin, which will hopefully make that line from Star Wars when Darth says "you should not have come back" make more sense, time to write a back story on what that line really means and I think this story line will take us there

Edited by Matthew Kane

Matthew Kane

Let's hope that any lightsabre battles are a lot better than the pathetic ones in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

• Like 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

None will have a chance against the greatest Jedi...................Ahsoka Tano.

• Like 1

Liked it. Bit slow for first two episodes but that's okay. Has good potential.

• Like 1