Sign in to follow this  
rob0203

Pmdg update

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The EFB should have been part of the release. PMDG clearly dropped the ball on this one. Simple as that. No need for pages and pages of explanatory prose. Low rez textures, wonky simbrief integration - PMDG seems to be stil be dreaming in "P3D".

Not like they didn't make it absolutely clear it wasn't in yet, but is coming. If it's an issue then a sensible person would probably delay purchase and then buy when what they wanted was available.

Personally I'm 50/50 on RSR's writing style, but for the impatient there is normally a TLDR right at the top. That said, whatever he does moaners are going to moan.

G

• Like 3

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Since this thread is supposed to be about the PMDG Update, and not about other developers, I will say that I am looking forward to the 737 update and in the meantime I fully enjoying it in it's current form along with some other fine, newly released aircraft. We have some pretty darn good options available to us in MSFS as of late 🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

My last 4 flights have been absolutely perfect (not counting ATC dropouts and getting a gate assignment at the international terminal upon arrival in Atlanta from Tampa).

I just finished checking the update logs to see if one snuck in on me in since Thursday evening because it feels like something has changed. 

I did KATL-KBWI earlier this morning in the 737 and the entire flight was smooth. The approach into Baltimore had thick clouds, overcast, rain, a crosswind coming from the left, and some gusts. I let the AP handle it to about 400' and landed it. The rollout was as smooth as the departure. I usually get a little stuttering on the ground after arrival. I thought AIGTC had stopped, but it was still running. Thinking that may have been a fluke, I tried an A320 flight from Baltimore to Boston. Same thing. I landed in some (nicely done, BTW) fog in Boston and had a stutter free rollout and taxi to the gate.

Both airplanes performed well. This last one surprised me as I don't think I've ever had a stutter free landing at Flytampa Boston before.

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

My god. That is an even worse wall of text than usual. How many words did Bobby Randazzle just use to say:

1. We don’t have an update for you.

2. We don’t have anything useful to show you or tell you about the promised EFB.

Please PMDG, can we stage an intervention? Take Bobby’s keyboard away from him until there is something to say or show? PMDG really needs a new PR guy - maybe they could hire Aamir for a few dollars to do this for them??

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Exactly, I imagine that the C 172 performs better than the PMDG. BTW, anything performs better than my PMDG DC6. That is the last PMDG aircraft I will ever buy. 

Are they ever going to fix it?

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Just now, RobJC said:

Are they ever going to fix it?

I doubt it. They haven't fixed the exterior lights yet, and that problem has been around for almost a year. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Bummer, Bob. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

1 minute ago, RobJC said:

Bummer, Bob. 

They promised advanced tutorial videos too, when the aircraft was released. That was a pipe dream also. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Happy to own both birds in discussion well worth the price of admission, can’t wait to see what PMDG and others do next .

• Upvote 1

Jason Aerts

7 hours ago, Dyno152 said:

I never understand some people and their perspective. PMDG and other developers keep this small hobby of ours alive and thriving - without third party developers working hard to bring these new add ons to life, our little hobby is done. Complain all you want but my attitude is appreciative of their efforts to keep things moving forward. You don’t like them? Fine don’t buy it but don’t complain and insult people that are making a difference in this hobby? What the hell are you doing to help this hobby? Rant over. 

If you don't like others' reactions towards PMDG, then don't go through this topic!

Edited by nicboyGS
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png<iframe src="https://gifer.com/embed/18w" width=480 height=628.475 frameBorder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://gifer.com">via GIFER</a></p>

9 hours ago, tfm said:

“Lean” is how he describes his development team.

A less indulgent analysis might be that a small group of basically hobbyists discovered a way to monetise their amateur interests about 20 years ago; for ages, they’ve been ahead of the competition, who were also largely amateurs monetising their hobby; but to some extent they’ve traded on their reputation, without really making sure their product offering keeps pace with increasing professionalism and changes in the technology. What is more, it seems possible they have not made the investment needed to transition optimally to the new platform or hold on to pole position - and it’s slipping away from them.

This is not the first post by PMDG containing an admission that what they thought was an intractable problem with MSFS was actually just PMDG not having the in-house skills to use the new platform properly. It’s also an admission that their priority is to extract value from the “sunk cost” of what was coded by them ages ago, rather than refreshing from the ground up with new code.

It’s not irrational to pursue this policy, but it’s risky and possibly short-sighted, because of the danger of being leap-frogged by newcomers: a risk which , to my eyes, seems to be materialising .

PMDG planes have given me hours of fun over the years so I don’t speak out of malice: I want them to succeed - but they need to be called out on this by their friends: time is running out for them to get back on top of the pack. 

This is one the most brilliant , well thought out and well written responses I have ever read here on AVSIM. 

Thanks 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Time is running out for them to get back on top of the pack ? I'm trying to work that one out - is there some sort of arbitrary cut-off date when, if they are not back on top of the pack, they can't ever be so again, no matter what they produce in the future?

Edited by Paul K
  • Like 2

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

12 hours ago, GCBraun said:

Around 10% better on average, but the PMDG is also a somewhat simpler plane.

10% for you maybe... for me its more like 100%. And I mean 100%, double FPS. 

Roi Ben

I purchased the PMDG 737 and it is fantastic - this and the Fenix A320 are a great pair considering the differences between the aircraft.  Wish I had purchased the PMDG 737 on day one now!

• Like 3

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home