Sign in to follow this  
roop298

Using an old android tablet.

I have an old but perfectly functional Samsung tab7 that I,m unable to sell on ebay for 20 quid. Is there anything practical I can use it for?

I use fsx se, LNM, ASN, a saitek mfp and autopilot, and a ch quad.

I also have a usb panel that i undock gauges to but it can get a bit crowded with windows overlaying one another.

Any ideas?

Hi 

There is an android app call FS radio panel free and pro version. Uses you tablet to display radio com1/com2 nav1/nav2 ADF transponder, Great app has other instruments you just need to download panel server and your good to go 

Rhys 

It's got 4.2 iced cream so getting google play to work is a bit of an issue.  I'll have a play.

I'll 2nd the idea of running FS Radio on it. It's what I use with my 10" Android tablet and it's a terrific app. I find just for being able to set the radio COM and NAV radios with my touch screen is worth the $10 price alone. 

For a slightly less interactive idea, you could use the tablet to display the airport charts for your flight(s).

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)