Sign in to follow this  
jason74

iniSimulations A310 on sale £9.99 GBP

What, this time they didn't escape me :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

4 minutes ago, Glenn_C said:

Will it get a free update to XP12 when it comes out?

Hmmm, no news on that, but for that price and level of quality detail, I would gladly maintain XP11 on my disk simply to use the Beluga and this A310...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I bought an A300-600 a week ago for this sensational price.
Personally, I would prefer the A310 to the A300, but in the current situation, buying a similar A310 is probably stupid on my part.
But is it still worth buying the A310 ???
Are the differences between the A300 and A310 models worth another purchase ???

44 minutes ago, Bulva said:

I bought an A300-600 a week ago for this sensational price.
Personally, I would prefer the A310 to the A300, but in the current situation, buying a similar A310 is probably stupid on my part.
But is it still worth buying the A310 ???
Are the differences between the A300 and A310 models worth another purchase ???

They're from different generations, the A310 closer to the FBW Era.

I bought the Beluga on the first sale, and I must confess I did it just because of the cheap price, but with some reservation regarding the complexity and overall quality of the flight and systems modelling.

Well, I just wish Inibuilds finds good reasons to continue supporting X-Plane when XP12 get's released because their work is now at the top of the list among "study-like" addons I have ever bought for the various platforms !

Unfortunately these "Happy Sales" could also mean that Inibuilds is now out of XP for good and 100% towards MFS. This has been the track followed by quite a few developers 😕

In a post by one of the developers it was stated that after all MFS offered as good or even better base and tools  for serious complex airplane models compared to XP. 

While I honestly can't have the same oppinion in as far as flight dynamics and ease of programming detailled systems in a very efficient way can go, I think this is great news for MFS users. I intend to keep loyal to X-Plane.

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

The A310 shares a common type rating with the A300-600, so they're very similar.  The 310 is essentially a shortened version of the A300-600.  There are only a handful of civilian 310s still flying today, mostly in Iran, and just one cargo bird in Jordan.  There are still over a hundred A300-600 cargo birds in active service, the vast majority at UPS and FedEx.  So I'll stay pat with the A300 I picked up on sale a week ago.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

Unfortunately these "Happy Sales" could also mean that Inibuilds is now out of XP for good and 100% towards MFS. This has been the track followed by quite a few developers 😕

They never actually said that, this was the case and if it were true they would announce it publicly like other developers has in the past if your judging based on some indicator. Beside, it's too soon to actually assume this because of the  X Plane 12  open beta to be so close at this point. Therefore a new version or an update maybe on the horizon, you just don't know. I wouldn't worry unless you don't know see any upgrades for X Plane 12 after its release. For them to not do so doesn't make a whole lot of sense.   

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BobFS88 said:

They never actually said that, this was the case and if it were true they would announce it publicly like other developers has in the past if your judging based on some indicator. Beside, it's too soon to actually assume this because of the  X Plane 12  open beta to be so close at this point. Therefore a new version or an update maybe on the horizon, you just don't know. I wouldn't worry unless you don't know see any upgrades for X Plane 12 after its release. For them to not do so doesn't make a whole lot of sense.   

I really hope so because I seriously hope XP12 fulfils all of my expectations... I am sure it will, and, as a FLIGHT simulator it's really a strong platform that with the adequate addons can provide a trully unique experience

I had never used Inibuilds products until I bought the Beluga.

Unfortunately I will not be able to test my A310 fleet purchase befor next sunday :-/

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

16 hours ago, Bob Scott said:

The A310 shares a common type rating with the A300-600, so they're very similar.  The 310 is essentially a shortened version of the A300-600.  There are only a handful of civilian 310s still flying today, mostly in Iran, and just one cargo bird in Jordan.  There are still over a hundred A300-600 cargo birds in active service, the vast majority at UPS and FedEx.  So I'll stay pat with the A300 I picked up on sale a week ago.

You're right Scott, my bad - they're very similar indeed ( A300 and 310 ).

Here in Portugal TAP and SATA had the 310 in their fleets, TAP for quite a good time.

I was there near the rw in 2007 whatching this, which was near the "goodbye" of the 310 fleet :

TAP Airbus A310 Low Pass Turn - Portugal Airshow 2007, Evora (Uncut HD Version) - YouTube

Main Simulation Rig:

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

I really hope so because I seriously hope XP12 fulfils all of my expectations... I am sure it will, and, as a FLIGHT simulator it's really a strong platform that with the adequate addons can provide a trully unique experience

I am right with you on that! 😃

I just can't imagine then pulling out of the Xplane for several reasons. They were the ones that raise the bar when it came to tube line development, adding the feature that got the attention of both X Plane as wells as MSFS users. The A300 aircraft was an nice release but didn't get a lot of attention until the Beluga. It was an ugly aircraft when you look at it, at a glance. But it became a thing of beauty when you look at the unique capability of what that aircraft can do and the added loading system inibuilds was able to deliver. It was the attention to detail affair that made that aircraft stand out only to be exceeded with the a additional feature (simbrief integration, AOC, CPLDC) that were loaded in the A310. The developers seems to be vary passionate of their work where their concern for the dollar does not seem to be the highest priority over their creativity and you can see it in their work. They rank right up there with FENIX, PMDG ,Aerobesk and Hotstart in the study level category and they are the company to watch going forward. 

• Like 3

Here is the answer I got from the iniBuilds team to the question about the future of the A300 / 310 in XP12:

"We appreciate every single customer for their business and support during our product releases for X-Plane 11. These products were for X-Plane 11 and marketed as such. We have no comments on X-Plane 12, aircraft wise, to make currently, and our focus is very much on Microsoft Flight Simulator. We entered this business to provide the best quality add-ons. Entering a long-term relationship with the fantastic team at Microsoft Flight Simulator, allows us to do just that but to a much wider audience in Microsoft Flight Simulator."

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5117-will-the-a300-310-series-continue-to-be-supported-in-the-xp12/