Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Milviz 310R on an old computer ?

Getting back to flying, I am tempted by the 310. Would my old jalopy, a 4770+1080 combo, give a smooth ride ?

Thanks

Edited by Dominique_K

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

16 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Getting back to flying, I am tempted by the 310. Would my old jalopy, a 4770+1080 combo, give a smooth ride ?

Thanks

I am using a 4770K+1070 and it works just fine  🙂

And, I also have the TDS GTN750s.. which really add to the experience.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 2

Bert

16 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Thanks

With sensible settings in MSFS, no problem!

Yourself, Bert and I have similar systems;  I'm on a 4790K with 1080 and with MSFS settings between high and medium, in most cases (clearly not places like EGLL ot KJFK) I see 40-50 FPS.  

Go for it!   Don't be put off by some of the posts where people are trying to run the Fenix A320 with everything on Ultra, and a 4k display, with a RTX3090 and only getting 30 FPS 😄   Some of the settings on Ultra have a huge overhead, for barely any visual advantage.   If you're running 1080p, you'll be great, even on 1440p, it'd be manageable.   A 4k monitor is of course a different ball game.

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

Thanks

You should be ok. Just keep the Terrain LOD slider at 100 in big cities and you should be able to keep panning stutters under control.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The 310 isn't at all heavy on the FPS.   You'll have no issues.

I started this "adventure" with a 4770 and a 1060 with 4gigs. I had no trouble, and that was while I was on "wi-fi".

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thank you all. I will go for it then, the « owned » feature. looks like a great idea reminiscing of an A2A aircraft. I watched the whole promo video which is pretty informative btw.

@Bert Pieke I’ll keep in mind the 750. It was a great addon in P3D. Loved the services page computing ToD, fuel  etc.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam