Sign in to follow this  
Guest TPT82

Forgive me for being slightly Off Topic

Guest TPT82

Hi,I just have to tell someone...I have loved aviation since I was a child. I have been flight simming since about 1990 or so. Today, for the first time, I was PIC of a real airplane...I solo'd!! :-smile12 :-smile12 I never thought this day would come! FYI, it was a little Cessna 152 at 15G, RWY 3.Ok, thanks for your time. I feel better now. Back to surfing the message boards. :D Nick

Congrat's Nick! Nothing like the feeling you get from your first solo.Good luck the rest of the way,before you know it you will have your ticket.Frank

Frank Ryan

Right on man. That is a neat feeling.JimCYWG

Guest jboweruk

Congratulations mate, and all the best for a future spent in planes.

Guest TPT82

Thanks for all of the kind words. I cannot wait to continue now that I have reached that milestone. For any of you flight simmers out there that have been thinking about it. Go for it! If you are blessed enough to have the finances and can pass a medical. If not, then I highly recommend an introductory flight. I had to wait a long time, but it was worth the wait. Thanks Nick

Hi Nick,Congratulations- you will always remember that day! Bruce.

Well done Nick! :-beerchug Now 'all' you've got to look forward to is your first solo nav, then first solo landaway (for me that was when I felt like a 'real' pilot - the day I took off from Wellesbourne (EGBW) and landed at Gloucester (EGBJ), and then had to fly back again, complete with a weather diversion!), and finally... the licence.:D I had another 'nice moment' on Friday, when the CFI (over here, CFI means Chief Flying Instructor, and there's only one at any school or club) asked me if I wanted some free flying - one of the club Tobagos had gone to another airfield for a 50-hour check and needed bringing back, and they had nobody to do it. So I hitched a ride in the back of a student lesson doing a dual landaway (conveniently to this same airfield!) and got to ferry it back. Guess it pays to be in the right place at the right time!

Guest TPT82

Hi TimI completed my second solo on Saturday. Weather permitting; I will get my third solo out of the way tomorrow evening. First my CFII will watch how I enter the pattern at other local airports. Then, after turning me loose again (third solo), he will sign me off to fly around by myself locally. I am looking forward to that.You are right about the cross country being the next big step. If the weather is bad tomorrow, we will start flight planning for my first dual cross-country. After that, I will make my first trip away from