Sign in to follow this  
NightOfDreams

Question on Fenix A320 MCDU - where to find ZFWCG?

The MCDU INIT B page requires ZFW/ZFWCG.  However, I can't find ZFWCG anywhere.  The EFB provides MACZFW% and MACGW% only. I've checked the loadsheet and that doesn't help either. 

Where do you find the value for ZFWCG, or how do you calculate it?

Thanks for any help.

Edited by NightOfDreams

It is on the EFB screen where you load the passengers and the fuel.. It is the first two sets of numbers after you load.    

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Also, if you click once on the LSK next to where you have to input, it will pop up on the scratch pad area. Then, click the same LSK again to enter it into the correct spot. This works because it is pulling it from you already uploaded data (assuming you uploaded the flight plan and didn't manually input it.)

Edited by sniper31
EDIT: My mistake, this is for the 737... I was mixing the two processes up.

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

14 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It is on the EFB screen where you load the passengers and the fuel.. It is the first two sets of numbers after you load.    

Thanks, I checked a YouTube tutorial and based on that the figure for MACZFW is what is entered for ZFWCG. I wasn't sure if those are the same or not.

MACZFW is the ZFWCG

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Its silly that you have instant IRS, fuel and boarding, yet have to type in information that's readily available in the EFB. I'd like to see it as another config option.

Edited by SoJourned

30 minutes ago, SoJourned said:

Its silly that you have instant IRS, fuel and boarding,

Sorry, but that is incorrect. All that can be real time if chosen.

• Like 3

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

35 minutes ago, SoJourned said:

Its silly that you have instant IRS, fuel and boarding, yet have to type in information that's readily available in the EFB. I'd like to see it as another config option.

You are as wrong as one ever can be: As said above all of this can be chosen as real time, and on top of that you can just click the ZFW LSK and it will auto-fill with the data from the OFP.

44 minutes ago, SoJourned said:

It's silly that you have instant IRS, fuel and boarding, yet have to type in information that's readily available in the EFB. I'd like to see it as another config option.

As others said, you can have it in real time when loading via the EFB. In the MCDU configuration, it is instant indeed. Some prefer this if they just want to enjoy flying, not simulating a real life flight (which is a doubtfully realistic anyway).

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

6 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Key point:- "after you load"

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

6 hours ago, NightOfDreams said:

Thanks, I checked a YouTube tutorial and based on that the figure for MACZFW is what is entered for ZFWCG. I wasn't sure if those are the same or not.

To explain the abbreviation: MAC stands for Mean Aerodynamic Chord. It's customary to give the CG as a percentage of MAC, which is presumably why they omitted the "CG" - it's implied from context. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sniper31 said:

Also, if you click once on the LSK next to where you have to input, it will pop up on the scratch pad area. Then, click the same LSK again to enter it into the correct spot. This works because it is pulling it from you already uploaded data (assuming you uploaded the flight plan and didn't manually input it.)

Just tried that, doesn't work. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 hours ago, sniper31 said:

I don't think this trick, which isn't realistic, works in the Fenix.

9 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

and on top of that you can just click the ZFW LSK and it will auto-fill with the data from the OFP.

Are you sure? Afaik this doesn't work in the Fenix because it isn't realistic? It's a sim trick.

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Exactly.

9 hours ago, flyingpauls said:

In the MCDU configuration, it is instant indeed. Some prefer this if they just want to enjoy flying, not simulating a real life flight (which is a doubtfully realistic anyway)

Not entirely sure what you mean but it's instant in the MCDU because you only input data into the MCDU that's used for calculations, predictions, etc. You don't actually load anything by entering something in the MCDU. There is nothing to prefer here because that's simply how the MCDU works. It isn't a load manager or anything.

It seems a lot of people are confused when it comes to the EFB, MCDU and simming only options. Like some think you load the simbrief plan from the EFB into the MCDU. Nonsense. The EFB doesn't have a connection with the plane systems. The EFB can be used for your convenience, to check or calculate things and to perform simming options like loading fuel and pax. It's completely seperate from the MCDU, as it should be.

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

34 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I don't think this trick, which isn't realistic, works in the Fenix.

If you both didn't notice, I had gone back and edited my post to say that I had confused this with the 737, and I was mistaken. Sorry to mislead you 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11