Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Navigraph needs to offer a 1 time pay to own option

1 hour ago, JDWalley said:

I'm frankly surprised MSFS was available as a one-time purchase

Agreed - if any software I currently use could be argued as fitting a subscription model then it's MSFS based on the way it streams so much of the platform from the cloud

• Like 1

I honestly don’t see issues with the subscription model, for couple of euros of month you get access to data and charts, not bad desk to be honest. Although maybe would be nice if they offer as well one time packages.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

The way i look at my navigraph subscription is  for about 70 euros a year for the ultimate version, thats about 20 cents a day. 

What else can i buy for that. Even making a cup of tea,coffee or other drink costs more to have while simming. So even if i dont use it every day its still worth the money for me.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Pete Little

3 minutes ago, mazelda said:

The way i look at my navigraph subscription is  for about 70 euros a year for the ultimate version, thats about 20 cents a day. 

What else can i buy for that. Even making a cup of tea,coffee or other drink costs more to have while simming. So even if i dont use it every day its still worth the money for me.

Why do you pay 70 euros per year? Navigraph charges offically 89,13 euros for the subscription annualy .

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

Not everyone of us needs a subscription based for the charts services. I wish Navigraph would offer an additional option for those who like to use the Navigraph charts service on just that 1 month. I don't need to have the latest charts every month. In fact I'm fine with just downloading one cycle and using that for many years to come. If Navigraph were to offer something ilke this, it would attract more users. Imagine paying like a $30 one time fee and you get to download and keep all those charts for that cycle for the rest of your life with the ability to use the navigraph charts service on the EFB and app as well.

If you fly in the US, most charts are freely downloadable from a number of websites like Flightaware. You could download the PDF copies for those for a cycle to keep. Not sure if Europe or any other countries has anything similar for free though.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I forgot about Aerosoft's navdata package. I'm not very fond of that company, and try to avoid it as much as possible. I don't have any experience with that product. How does it work? Can you, as someone implied here, buy the nav charts from Aerosoft and keep them forever without a sub?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

23 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Can you, as someone implied here, buy the nav charts from Aerosoft and keep them forever without a sub?

No. They offer subscriptions just like navigraph, only a bit cheaper. Main difference is they also offer a subscription for one day... There is no pay once and keep it all option. Which is why I posted what the use of this suggestion was. 

You could just go to any country’s AIP and search and download any charts, TAPs etc for free.  Here is a link to the UK AIP for Aerodromes.  When you click on the Airport you want, scroll right to the bottom of the page and the charts will be there to download.  Here is a link to the UK AIP Aerodrome charts as a taster:

https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2022-05-19-AIRAC/html/index-en-GB.html

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

I don't need to have the latest charts every month. In fact I'm fine with just downloading one cycle and using that for many years to come. If Navigraph were to offer something ilke this, it would attract more users.

It would not attract me...

What's the use of an outdated chart? The same as no chart at all.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, kiek said:

Some of us don't fly online via vatsim or anything, so why would I care if the charts are outdated? What's the point in having updated charts monthly?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

14 minutes ago, kiek said:

That depends on what I want to do. If I only fly offline, then outdated charts are fine. 

That said, I don't think a "pay once" model makes business sense for Navigraph. There would be a real risk of cannibalizing their existing subscription offerings. 

31 minutes ago, kfd said:

You could just go to any country’s AIP and search and download any charts, TAPs etc for free.  

That's what I do - but I've been thinking about Navigraph partly for convenience, but also because of the geolocation (I think it's called?) that lets me see my location on a chart on say the 750.  I assume that's not possible with a manually downloaded chart?

Paul Skol

5 minutes ago, Paul_Yorks said:

That's what I do - but I've been thinking about Navigraph partly for convenience, but also because of the geolocation (I think it's called?) that lets me see my location on a chart on say the 750.  I assume that's not possible with a manually downloaded chart?

Indeed not possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 737_800 said:

Why do you pay 70 euros per year? Navigraph charges offically 89,13 euros for the subscription annualy .

I don't know. I just renewed and it was 74.90 euro.

Pete Little

39 minutes ago, kfd said:

You could just go to any country’s AIP and search and download any charts, TAPs etc for free.  Here is a link to the UK AIP for Aerodromes.  When you click on the Airport you want, scroll right to the bottom of the page and the charts will be there to download.  Here is a link to the UK AIP Aerodrome charts as a taster:

https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2022-05-19-AIRAC/html/index-en-GB.html

Big problem (dor me anyway) is the huge variety of charts you will get. Some countries have very odd (like almost unreadable) charts. With Navigraph you get the same lay-out everywhere.