Sign in to follow this  
Guest stalo

FSX weather problem

Guest stalo

I have a problem with FSX weather; It seems that when I load the weather with the every 15 min update function, when it updates the screen goes to minimize the dial up screen comes up it redials and when you click to expand the screen back out, you find it frozen and the only way to get out of it is to warm boot the computer. I have no security programs running,and have only two add aircraft in right now. I checked all the modem set up and can not find any problem. If I go to the snap shot Wx it works fine. I am not going to put any more programs in until I get all the anomalies worked out, between Vista, FSX,SP1, going crazy and beating it to death would be an alternative. Any suggestions would be appreciated.Vista Home PremiumEVGA 8800 GTS 640 OC2GB memIntel 6600 core 2 duoEVGA 680i SLI moboCH yoke, peddles, throttle

Guest SSmokin

One word for you, Cable. I am assuming that you are using "dial-up" right? No offense of coarse, just sounds like something that dial-up would do, but I don't know how far it's come over the years, I've had cable for years now.

Guest triangle

If you go into your control panel, open up 'Phone and Modems' and look for an option that instructs the modem to automatically dial whenever you try to connect to the net. If this option is ticked, disable it.Andrew

Guest stalo

Thank you for the input,I shall look at that. As to the other input about cable, I would like nothing better than to have high speed internet; unfortunately I live in a rural area with lots of hills; to far away to get DSL and right now; its to hilly for Wyfi,and not enough people to justify putting in the towers, so its live with it.

Guest stalo

Andrew, Thanks for the advice; I tryed it twice last night and worked as advertised.