Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Fenix PLN import

Recommended Posts

Is it possible to import a .pln file into the Fenix - thanks Guys


Rich Sennett

               

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only via simbrief (free). Just enter your simbrief ID into the Fenix app and when you go to your MCDU and the INIT page and request ini, it will import your flightplan. If you do not user simbrief you have to enter it manually as far as I know, but I am not sure....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the moment only with Simbrief,  maybe with a coming update we can have more..

cheers 😉


My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0,  Asus Prime X299-A,  Now on a ASUS Prime X299 A II - reason; my X299 A died.. , 32 GB 3600-16 Trident Z64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Windows 10 V.1909 - Now on Win10 V.21H2, in use 3 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Is it possible to import a .pln file into the Fenix - thanks Guys

For the Fenix A320, Simbrief is the way to go. You can easily the flight, download as a .pln to load in MSFS, and use the EFB to load in the Fenix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

At the moment only with Simbrief,  maybe with a coming update we can have more..

cheers 😉

I didnt think so thought I ask

 

33 minutes ago, DJJose said:

For the Fenix A320, Simbrief is the way to go. You can easily the flight, download as a .pln to load in MSFS, and use the EFB to load in the Fenix.

I use simbrief and paid subscription of Navigraph - can build flight plans in Navigraph on my desktop - saves me putting in sid and star in sim - but I dont think I can import that pln into the Fenix 😞 

Thanks Guys

  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

               

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The .pln file is for the MSFS flight planner. 

Neither Fenix or PMDG use it.

Fenix and FBW both pull it directly from Simbrief

PMDG gets it from Simbrief via the exported .rte file. 

If you set Simbrief to export the flight plan file to a folder every time you generate a new ofp, you will be able to load that into the msfs flight planner so that ATC will know where you are going.

The plane does not use this plan so you still need to use the correct method for the airplane to get the flight programed into the fms.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

I use simbrief and paid subscription of Navigraph - can build flight plans in Navigraph on my desktop - saves me putting in sid and star in sim - but I dont think I can import that pln into the Fenix 😞 

 

It's worth noting that the A320 doesn't input a SID and STAR no matter how you uplink - so this is not something that will be happening. That being said, you don't need to pull anything from anywhere, just input your Simbrief username in the EFB and hit FPLN UPLINK, we'll handle the rest!

  • Like 1

Aamir Thacker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just be aware if the Simbrief cycle dosnt match the plane one it wont work 90% of the times. Meaning you need to pay to Navigraph. 

In the PMDG import file option its not an issue as it will just remove the conflict wpt and insert the rest so you can just make a small adjustment. Sadly in Fenix you cant. 


Roi Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roi1862 said:

Just be aware if the Simbrief cycle dosnt match the plane one it wont work 90% of the times. Meaning you need to pay to Navigraph. 

In the PMDG import file option its not an issue as it will just remove the conflict wpt and insert the rest so you can just make a small adjustment. Sadly in Fenix you cant. 

Why can't you make an adjustment in in the Fenix FP, I do it all the time. ?


spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , PMDG DC6,   Carenado Seminole,  Mooney, JF Arrow, Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why can't you make an adjustment in in the Fenix FP, I do it all the time. ?

If you try to import a flt pln from Simbrief when there is a mismatch in the cycle and there is some wpt mismatch you get an invalid flt pln uplink error. It wont load the flt pln.


Roi Ben

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

If you try to import a flt pln from Simbrief when there is a mismatch in the cycle and there is some wpt mismatch you get an invalid flt pln uplink error. It wont load the flt pln.

Yes, the Airac in the MCDU has to match the one in Simbrief. Easiest thing to do is subscribe to Navigraph Data, $30 a year if I remember correctly. 


spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , PMDG DC6,   Carenado Seminole,  Mooney, JF Arrow, Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the ultimate monthly plan


Rich Sennett

               

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's what i have as well, too cheap not to have it


Brett Culley  Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X,12700F at 4.9 GHz, MSI RTX 3080, Trident Z 32gb of ddr4 3200 MHz ram,3 m.2 1TB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use Avliasoft EFB for charts, so all I need is the monthly Navigraph data sub, around $30 a year. 


spacer.png

Bob Cardone         MSFS 2020 , Fenix A320, Milviz C 310 , Kodiak , PMDG DC6,   Carenado Seminole,  Mooney, JF Arrow, Simple Traffic  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    ATC  by PF3    FlyVirtual.net  CLX PC

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...