Sign in to follow this  
samisahusky

Imaginesim WSSS P3Dv5.3 water on apron at G gates

I was going through WSSS from Imaginesim and placing the GSX vehicles and checking the jetways when I got to the lower G gates - G1, G2, G3 when I noticed there is some underlying water coming up. The water is also in the field to the left of the fence. Is this a settings issue or a scenery issue? I have ORBX installed along with a bunch of other addons, but none of the other addons are referencing WSSS or the surrounding area. It looks to me like the elevation of WSSS was raised in P3Dv5.3 thereby causing the water to show through from the unadjusted Imaginesim elevation data. I've only noticed it in this area and have not does a flight in or out of the airport yet. Anyone have this issue or know the solution?

Water in field and on apron - https://prnt.sc/hMITw_6B2A-u

Water on apron at G1/2/3 - https://prnt.sc/B7-eIWW1F6sm

Steven Destazio (DVA12924)

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

Hi Steven,

Just took off from this airport (WSSS-VHHH) at the same gate and I don't have the water issues as shown in your photos. I am on P3Dv5.3 as well. It has to be a scenery priority issue? (mine is on Priority 5). Hope you get it sorted.

fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

@mokeiko I left the priority as they were installed as. What order are your WSSS files in?

"There's not reason to be alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of the fight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?" - Elaine Dickinson

We all started learning a product/feature at some point in our tenure within the flight sim community. Please understand that and understand that people come here to learn how to solve problems, not be harassed because you feel you are better than everyone else. We are all equal. Show respect and you'll get respect. Please don't guess at a solution unless trial/error and remember we are here to help each other and learn/teach from each other. Check your ego at the door. We should be interacting as if we will be sitting next to each other on the flight deck, not grade school bullies.

What order are your WSSS files in?”

Can you clarify what you mean?

fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

@mokeiko in your scenery library, what load order are the WSSS files in? The scenery is read from the bottom up when being loaded into the sim.

Here is mine for Lorby Addon manager: https://prnt.sc/hAgR2SppsFvC    -- this is the default load order as placed by the imaginesim WSSS installer.

Edited by samisahusky

The names in the scenery library gets cut-off. Can you direct me to the file where this information is? When I installed the scenery, it was installed in my C drive which I didn't want and uses the xml method. I have to change this later on.

I do not use the Lorby Addon manager.

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas

@mokeiko open the options of P3Dv5.3, click scenery library, and the files will be listed there. You should be able to hover over the name to see the full name. You can also drag the column over more to expand it to see the full name. I have 4 files for WSSS. From the top down, what order are your WSSS files in? As you can see in mine, it is:

Earth Data

Airport (not named Airport, but does not have anything after the "Imagine Simulation - WSSS Singapore V5.2")

Scenery 0903

City Center

Edited by samisahusky

Hovering over the names only works when the scenery names are not greyed out. The WSSS files are greyed out and are cut-off and hovering doesn't show the full name and path. I think the XML method causes this.

When opening the XML, this is the order:

Imagine Simulation - WSSS Singapore V5.2 City
Imagine Simulation - WSSS Singapore V5.2 Scenery 0903
Imagine Simulation - WSSS Singapore V5.2
Imagine Simulation - WSSS Singapore V5.2 EarthData

fly safe

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas

@mokeiko you can expand the column by dragging it from the thin white line at the top

From this: https://prnt.sc/0Cekwfsn_e_z

To this: https://prnt.sc/BEt6F-CQhsK_

Notice the column was expanded to show the full name

Okay give me a sec

WSSS Singapore EarthData
WSSS Singapore P3Dv5
Prepar3D Scenery 0903
Singapore City Centre

Edited by mokeiko

Francisco Blas

@mokeiko hmmm. the load order is different. I'll try that and see if it works out. Also, not sure if the names changed, but mine do not have the "English" spelling of "centre", nor does it say P3Dv5 for the non city/earth/scenery files, but I know I downloaded and installed the P3Dv5 copy as seen here: https://prnt.sc/fUoAzsBWbhk7

Is the verbiage you put above the EXACT same as it is in the scenery library? Now I'm thinking if it did not install the P3Dv5 version like it shows it is. Also, do you have ORBX?

This occurs when you have the water setting in p3d options on ultra typically. Lowering it one setting should fix it.

A problem with the developer never fixing it...

Edited by Papacoach
  • Like 1

P3Dv5.4 / Win11: 22H2 / CPU: 10980K at 5.0GHz / Memory: 32Gb at 3600 MHz / GPU:  RTX 3090 / Display: Benq x3000i pj on Silver Ticket 110" screen

4 minutes ago, Papacoach said:

This occurs when you have the water setting in p3d options on ultra typically. Lowering it one setting should fix it.

A problem with the developer never fixing it...

Thank you. I think this is the cause. Thanks for the solution!

• Like 2

On 5/30/2022 at 11:58 AM, samisahusky said:

Thank you. I think this is the cause. Thanks for the solution!

Same with their KLGA scenery and Ultra water setting. 

Edited by B777ER
  • Like 2

Eric