Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Stream Deck Profiles Not Working With A&O

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I thought it a fairly logical place to start. I have a Streamdeck XL which had recently been working fine with aircraft profiles that I had previously installed prior to the installation of a Windows and MSFS image backup. Now, for some reason none of the aircraft profiles are working. A&O is working, ie, I can assign switches and axis and things, and Streamdeck works by assigning buttons to certain things in MS, but for the life of me I cannot get any of the pre-configured aircraft profiles to work for individual planes, that I download from Flightsim.to. I have tried always starting in admin, adding both to the list of allowed programmes in the AV and firewall settings. I've completely uninstalled each and downloaded the latest versions, but nothing seems to work. It's very frustrating as I am spending more time trying to get things to work after updates than actually flying these days. I have instralled the correct profiles into Streamdeck and also the scripts into A&O. Hoping someone may know what is going on. Thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I'll confirm with AAO and streamdeck my sim just crashes if SD is activated before I start Msfs2020 and have to be sitting in cockpit of desired aircraft before activating SD for use.

Adobe needs to fix these kinds of crashes. 

Others like rex weather all create same crash 

This before and after msfs uodates.

9 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

Apologies if this is the wrong forum, but I thought it a fairly logical place to start. I have a Streamdeck XL which had recently been working fine with aircraft profiles that I had previously installed prior to the installation of a Windows and MSFS image backup. Now, for some reason none of the aircraft profiles are working. A&O is working, ie, I can assign switches and axis and things, and Streamdeck works by assigning buttons to certain things in MS, but for the life of me I cannot get any of the pre-configured aircraft profiles to work for individual planes, that I download from Flightsim.to. I have tried always starting in admin, adding both to the list of allowed programmes in the AV and firewall settings. I've completely uninstalled each and downloaded the latest versions, but nothing seems to work. It's very frustrating as I am spending more time trying to get things to work after updates than actually flying these days. I have instralled the correct profiles into Streamdeck and also the scripts into A&O. Hoping someone may know what is going on. Thanks.

What does "not work" mean exactly? There are many flavors of this. What do you see on the Streamdeck, what happens when you press specific actions, is not a single one working or just a certain kind - etc.

Make sure that the package "lorbysi-content-hooks" is present and active in your Community folder. People tend to remove it from sim updates and forget to put it back in. That happens very often... 

LORBY-SI

13 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

What does "not work" mean exactly? There are many flavors of this. What do you see on the Streamdeck, what happens when you press specific actions, is not a single one working or just a certain kind - etc.

Make sure that the package "lorbysi-content-hooks" is present and active in your Community folder. People tend to remove it from sim updates and forget to put it back in. That happens very often... 

Hi, thanks for the feedback, appreciated. When I say it doesn't work, I mean there appears to be no connection between Streamdeck and A&O. If I click a button, there is no corresponding action in the sim. All the buttons appear normal on Streamdeck. When you say... Make sure that the package "lorbysi-content-hooks" is present and active in your Community folder.  This I am unsure. I can check to see if it is present, but I don't actually know what it is! I shall take a look and report back. EDIT: Yes, I have just checked, it is there in the community folder.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

Haven't had a chance to try newer version... wil try that out after Game 7 NHL playoffs tonight.   Go Canes!!!!!

9 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

I mean there appears to be no connection between Streamdeck and A&O

There is a special AAO action button that shows you the state of the connection.

Other than that, the troubleshooting guide for the AAO WebAPI applies (there is a PDF on the AAO website). Maybe something has been installed that is blocking the port 9080 now, that can happen quite easily (for example, a Logitech tool uses the same port and prevents AAO from accessing it). Or an update to your virus scanner changed the firewall settings etc.

LORBY-SI

Btw. "adding to the list of the allowed programs in the firewall" does nothing in this case. You have to allow the port that the WebAPI is using with a specific firewall rule.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Had an issue with the recommended port on my system. Changed it to (in my case) 9288 per instructions and problem solved.

The offending software was Logitech G Hub used to manage newer keyboards and mouse. It uses a number of ports checking for updates etc.

I found it useful to download SysInternals Suite from the MS store and run the included TCPView64 utility to find interfering programs.

Cheers,

howevr

On 5/31/2022 at 6:39 AM, Lorby_SI said:

There is a special AAO action button that shows you the state of the connection.

Other than that, the troubleshooting guide for the AAO WebAPI applies (there is a PDF on the AAO website). Maybe something has been installed that is blocking the port 9080 now, that can happen quite easily (for example, a Logitech tool uses the same port and prevents AAO from accessing it). Or an update to your virus scanner changed the firewall settings etc.

Hi, I'm afraid a lot of this is double dutch to me. :huh: However, I have gone into tools and enabled WebAppi on port 9080, which had been unticked. I have also gone into tools, port settings for AAO addons... there is the Streamdeck showing Port 9080, however, it is unticked and does not allow me to tick it and apply. There is still no response with Streamdeck. Still having no success :wacko:

Howard

13 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

there is the Streamdeck showing Port 9080, however, it is unticked and does not allow me to tick it and apply.

This shows the port that is currently set in the StreamDeck plugin. You cannot change it, because the StreamDeck Software is running, and you don't have to, because it is the same as in AAO itself. You only need this when you have to change the port from 9080 to a different number, because another app on your computer is using it too and thus blocking it (see the post above yours). If that is the case, you first change the port for the AAO Web API in the Tools menu. Then you shut down the Elgato StreamDeck software, and then you can change the port in the plugin with the help of this dialog too. Use port 6080 or thereabouts.

13 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hi, I'm afraid a lot of this is double dutch to me.

?? On the AxisAndOhs Weebly page, where you've downloaded the plugin, there is a PDF named "Web API troubleshooting guide". This guide is what you follow when you have problems like yours.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

56 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

This shows the port that is currently set in the StreamDeck plugin. You cannot change it, because the StreamDeck Software is running, and you don't have to, because it is the same as in AAO itself. You only need this when you have to change the port from 9080 to a different number, because another app on your computer is using it too and thus blocking it (see the post above yours). If that is the case, you first change the port for the AAO Web API in the Tools menu. Then you shut down the Elgato StreamDeck software, and then you can change the port in the plugin with the help of this dialog too. Use port 6080 or thereabouts.

?? On the AxisAndOhs Weebly page, where you've downloaded the plugin, there is a PDF named "Web API troubleshooting guide". This guide is what you follow when you have problems like yours.

Many thanks. I will persevere.

Howard

2 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Many thanks. I will persevere.

Personally, I would just change the port to 6080 for starters.

First in AAO (Tools->Ports settings for web ->WebAPI Port),
Then in the Plugin with "Tools->Port Settings for AAO Addons". Make sure to shut down the StreamDeck software properly (Icon in the system tray -> right click -> last option on the list), then you can select the StreamDeck, "Set port" and "Apply"

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Personally, I would just change the port to 6080 for starters.

First in AAO (Tools->Ports settings for web ->WebAPI Port),
Then in the Plugin with "Tools->Port Settings for AAO Addons". Make sure to shut down the StreamDeck software properly (Icon in the system tray -> right click -> last option on the list), then you can select the StreamDeck, "Set port" and "Apply"

Hey! Sorted. Changed the port and followed your advice and it now works fine. Thanks very much for yor help, appreciated.

Howard

Hey, just where do I find the Stram Deck "set port and apply" button.  I've got the same problem as the OP.  Everything is sorted except selecting the "Set port and apply"  Button

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65

5 hours ago, gypsyczar said:

Everything is sorted except selecting the "Set port and apply"  Button

In AAO select Tools then Port settings for Web. Enter the WebAPI Port you wish to use and click apply. Then ensure under Tools that Enable Web API on port ???? is ticked.

howevr