Sign in to follow this  
Frag

PDMG DC-6 Did they fix the fps issue.

No issues here either...smooth as silk and stunning.

Will have to take her up today - having fallen in love with the 737-700 I can’t touch anything else lately.

I’m glad to read this!

She’s always been a favorite of mine, and in this Sim she’s a magic carpet ride at under 10k. The world rolls by under sturdy wings, accompanied by the all pervasive sonorous sounds of 4 radials and the vibratory assault of farm levers and dials, dancing with their hypnotic enchantment.

She’s a unique and superlative experience for the modern flight sim enthusiast and I’m happy to see her devotees not allowing a few unhappy individuals to soil her Damascus Linen.

Long may she plough the skies!

• Like 7

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I've never had performance issues with the DC-6 either. 

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

13 hours ago, michaelray said:

If I use Dev Mode and enable Nano-VG from the drop down list of options I achieve remarkable performance with the PMDG DC-6.

If I don’t use it this way I find the DC-6 unusable. Just a constant stuttering mess.

It’s not unflyable, it’s not a stuttering mess either and I’ve got an ancient system too.

However, for those of you who haven’t, try the above; go into dev mode and enable nano vg and be prepared for a surprise. It runs beautifully 😃.

What was the update that gave us the greatly increased performance and put the sim on Xbox, SU5 or SU6? I’ve forgotten.

Basically, when that happened Asobo turned off a couple of the channels PDMG were using to run the cockpit of the DC6.

This means the cockpit of the DC6 is currently running at pre SU5 performance. Enabling dev mode and nano vg for this ‘plane gives it the sims current performance.

It’s an eye opener. PMDG have been asked repeatedly what is happening with this - there’s a thread about this on their forum - and apparently they are still waiting on Asobo.

It’s turning into a long wait...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Did they fix it, No!.

So for what they did this 2.40 update ?

I am not goeing in DEV mode and killing somehow my logbook just because PMDG is too fine to fix the most important things, what is goeing on there..

cheers 🤔

Edited by pmplayer
  • Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, pmplayer said:

So for what they did this 2.40 update ?

I am not goeing in DEV mode and killing somehow my logbook just because PMDG is too fine to fix the most important things, what is goeing on there..

Read the post above yours - it's not up to PMDG to fix Asobo's issues.

And while it's nice to see what it's capable of when Nano VG is active, it's far from bad without it, and certainly doesn't justify hundreds of man-hours on PMDG's side in order to work around an issue that might even get fixed with the next sim update. 

• Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

13 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Read the post above yours - it's not up to PMDG to fix Asobo's issues.

And while it's nice to see what it's capable of when Nano VG is active, it's far from bad without it, and certainly doesn't justify hundreds of man-hours on PMDG's side in order to work around an issue that might even get fixed with the next sim update. 

Been hearing that for about a year, I doubt if it will ever be fixed. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

PMDG Dc6 is causing a big performance hit for me. 40 % worse then the ju-52 asobo. Versus other more serious addons like milviz 30r less difference but still considerable harder to drive the DC6 I am at 25 fps where I am at 45 on the easier to drive aircraft and over 35 on the milviz

3080 but old cpu  i770K running in dx 11 mode. Will try the nano VG setting 🙂

Another with no performance issues at all with the DC-6

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

10 minutes ago, oqvist said:

PMDG Dc6 is causing a big performance hit for me. 40 % worse then the ju-52 asobo. Versus other more serious addons like milviz 30r less difference but still considerable harder to drive the DC6 I am at 25 fps where I am at 45 on the easier to drive aircraft and over 35 on the milviz

3080 but old cpu  i770K running in dx 11 mode. Will try the nano VG setting 🙂

It has had a performance issue since the day it was released and PMDG blames it in Asobo. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 6/20/2022 at 9:03 PM, Bobsk8 said:

It has had a performance issue since the day it was released and PMDG blames it in Asobo. 

I tried the nanovg setting and litterary got an 80 percent performance increase so no complaints at all anymore. 310r and Junkers 52 dont benefit as much

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, oqvist said:

I tried the nanovg setting

What is the nanovg setting?

11 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

I can't remember exactly, but it is something that you need to be in DEV mode to enable. Should be posted on the DC6 forum. I never used it. 

Edited by Bobsk8

On 6/23/2022 at 8:50 PM, Bdub22 said:

It´s the rendering setting for the instruments that they use on the xbox or something. Read that in the future it will be the primary method.

If you have the sdk enabled its available in the options menu. Use nanovg for xml or something like that.

Seems its relative few with issues and the DC6 . i might step in again (i have it for P3dv4) but havent touch it since 2020.

These NanoVG options is it only related to DC6 or is other aircrafts benefit of this also ?

Performance seems also server depended sometimes as i have had really problems at same locations with the same aircraft but days between flights.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png