Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Best payware airports in Europe for airliners

43 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Why does it take a freeware fix to remove static aircraft at MSFS airports?? :huh:

As I said earlier, the fact that some developers decide to include static aircraft without an option to disable them, that IMO is much more a developer issue more than a MSFS issue.

There are many MSFS airports where an option to disable static aircraft already is in place. Even from developers notorious to add static aircraft. Orbx ESSB is such an example.

I think the reason we have a number of airports where such an option doesn't exist is due to laziness/not realizing the importance from the developer side.

• Like 1

Richard Åsberg

12 hours ago, Tom Wright said:

Not payware (well they were but now included in the World Updates) but Faro LPFR in the Algarve, Portugal and also Palermo LICJ in Sicily are both nicely detailed airports.

Palermo in particular has a fun approach as it has no ILS.

Nice to have a bit more detailed airports for free as part of the WUs! Guess these will be explored once I've been to all my payware airports 🙂

Thanks to all good advice in here in combination with watching the awesome airport reviews made by FilbertFlies on YT, here's my list of airports I'll get for starters:

Orbx LOWS            35.50 AUD
Orbx EGPH            37.44 AUD
Orbx EGPF            37.44 AUD
Orbx LDSP            32.61 AUD

FlyTampa    LGAV        21.94 Euro

SimMarket    LIML        19.38 Euro
SimMarket    LJLJ        19.99 Euro
SimMarket    LEBL        21.24 Euro

Aerosoft    EBBR        26.21 Euro
Aerosoft    EDDK        18.85 Euro
Aerosoft    ENVA        15.70 Euro
Aerosoft    LECO        18.69 Euro
Aerosoft    LDZA        18.86 Euro

• Like 1

Richard Åsberg

7 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Nice to have a bit more detailed airports for free as part of the WUs! Guess these will be explored once I've been to all my payware airports 🙂

Thanks to all good advice in here in combination with watching the awesome airport reviews made by FilbertFlies on YT, here's my list of airports I'll get for starters:

Just a heads up for LECO, that one has been included in the Iberia World Update. I don't know how it compares to the Aerosoft version, though.

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

7 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

You should also consider Contrail Webshop, they have an all in one installer like ORBX - really super easy (also if you think about updates of sceneries, done with one klick 🙂 )

Contrail Webshop

Greets,
Markus

Win11Pro - i713700KF - RTX3080Ti

36 minutes ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Just a heads up for LECO, that one has been included in the Iberia World Update. I don't know how it compares to the Aerosoft version, though.

Argh...amazing how I already bought exactly that one from the list last night before I went to bed and now read this 😅

Oh well, hopefully I still got some extras for the money spent! 

23 minutes ago, MäxliBäxli said:

You should also consider Contrail Webshop, they have an all in one installer like ORBX - really super easy (also if you think about updates of sceneries, done with one klick 🙂 )

Contrail Webshop

Greets,
Markus

Good to know, will check it out 👍

For Orbx and Aerosoft though, they already have their own similar tools where I tried Aerosoft One for the first time last night and seems really good!

• Like 1

Richard Åsberg

Just a tip, many are probably doing this already, but…

Use addons linker for all the scenery. I’ve got folders for Orbx, Contrail, Aerosoft, Simmarket etc. Whenever I install a new addon I move it out of the community folder and into another folder. I’ve got all my addons organized on my d: drive. E.g. D:\MSFS addons\Scenery\Payware\Orbx\LGSK Skiathos.

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I used similar kind of tools in the past but these days, I just slam everything directly into the Community folder and hope it will work 😂

Richard Åsberg

11 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

I used similar kind of tools in the past but these days, I just slam everything directly into the Community folder and hope it will work 😂

You will notice soon that starting the simulator will take longer and longer with any addon you add. This may work for a hand full of airports. However, I have tons of scenery, Payware and Freeware alike, and without the Addon Linker the simulator would take infinitely long (tried it - yes) to start.

Besides, the Addon Linker will help you identifying conflicts between and issues with scenery packages.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

You will notice soon that starting the simulator will take longer and longer with any addon you add. This may work for a hand full of airports. However, I have tons of scenery, Payware and Freeware alike, and without the Addon Linker the simulator would take infinitely long (tried it - yes) to start.

Besides, the Addon Linker will help you identifying conflicts between and issues with scenery packages.

Kind regards, Michael

I hear your Michael and do understand using this kind of tools can be a good thing for the reasons you mention. In my case though, I try to keep my simulator as clean as possible without dumping too much into the Community folder. So not that big of a deal for me.

As for the loading time, it's already quite long after I added thousands of AIG aircraft models and liveries for online flying on Vatsim. So I'm used to MSFS taking a couple of minutes to start 🙂

• Like 1

Richard Åsberg

55 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

I hear your Michael and do understand using this kind of tools can be a good thing for the reasons you mention. In my case though, I try to keep my simulator as clean as possible without dumping too much into the Community folder. So not that big of a deal for me.

As for the loading time, it's already quite long after I added thousands of AIG aircraft models and liveries for online flying on Vatsim. So I'm used to MSFS taking a couple of minutes to start 🙂

Yep, the AIG Models are what's really bumping up the load times. Goes from about two minutes without them to about eight minutes with them. But that's what's nice about the AddonLinker, if I know I won't be needing them, I can stop them from loading with a simple checkbox.

Edited by psychedelic_tortilla

Intel i7-10700K @ 4.7 GHz | Nvidia RTX 3070 FE | 32GB DDR4 RAM 

Wow, eight minutes is long!

I think I have about two minutes with the AIG models and that includes every model and livery available. I do have a quick disk though.

Richard Åsberg