Sign in to follow this  
Alitalia

MCP COMBO 1 and PMDG737

Hi! I'm an old Linda user (MCP Combo original with PMDG737 on FSX). Now i'm tryng on MSFS, but i have a problem : the VRisim sfw  find the device, the test is ok; in the Fsuipc.ini i have 1=Com3 and 2=Com4 anf the other in fsuipc.ini settings ; after load MSFS, i wait 2 minutes, then launch Fsuipc7 (registered version), then Linda; the configuration checklist is ok (everything is ok!); i have speed, hdg and alt displayed on MCP and working fine, but nothing happens on PMDG cockpit...please, help me!! Tnks in advance

Edited by ScotFlieger
Duplication removed

There are 2 possible causes for your problem.

First, you may need to assign the appropriate PMDG737 module functions to your original MCP configuration. It is not possible for me to create a tested default configuration for this MCP version. I can not guarantee that the MCP display functions will work correctly with the original MCP - again no testing has been possible.

Secondly, the issue of the number of Lvars and how WASM/FSUIPC7 present them can be a serious issue. The current official release of FSUIPC7 is limited to 2044 Lvars. These can be eaten into by other add-ons or from previously loaded aircraft. If you open LINDA Tracer you will see the total Lvars in the top left corner. If you see 2044 then this is an indication of the problem. If you enter ‘ngx_SPDwindow’ in the Lvar search box you will see it listed in the box below. If you don’t then a restart may fix the problem. Shutdown everything, start MSFS and load an aircraft ready to fly. Wait a minute then start FSUIPC7 and LINDA. Wait for LINDA to display READY (below Sync To Sim).

I hope this helps.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Many many thanks! Now the device responds (even if there is a long interval between the rotation of the knobs and the input on the cockpit instruments...). The only thing that doesn't work are the buttons of the Efis, Course, Lnav, Hdg Sel, Alt Intv and, unfortunately, the Speed rotate. Thanks again for your kind reply.

14 minutes ago, Alitalia said:

Many many thanks! Now the device responds (even if there is a long interval between the rotation of the knobs and the input on the cockpit instruments...). The only thing that doesn't work are the buttons of the Efis, Course, Lnav, Hdg Sel, Alt Intv and, unfortunately, the Speed rotate. Thanks again for your kind reply.

The slow initial response is down to WASM/FSUIPC7. After this delay the response is more normal.

it will be the weekend before I can look at the problems you highlight. I am pretty sure the functions are present and just need to be assigned. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi Andrew, another news : i reinstalled msfs and then fsipc and linda; when i open Linda, before press "Sync to sim" i have all ok! When i press "Sync to sim" (PMDG737 - orange square), i have : 1)Fsuipc.ini : something is wrong  2)[VrInsight] : not found  3)MCP=COM3 not found. As usual I have in the fsuipc.ini : 1=COM3 2=COM4; when i start Vrsim.exe, the mcp combo it's recognized with the Com 3 port; at last, when i start SerialFp2.exe, all input respond. Please, can you help me? Tnks!

On 6/26/2022 at 12:34 PM, Alitalia said:

Hi Andrew, another news : i reinstalled msfs and then fsipc and linda; when i open Linda, before press "Sync to sim" i have all ok! When i press "Sync to sim" (PMDG737 - orange square), i have : 1)Fsuipc.ini : something is wrong  2)[VrInsight] : not found  3)MCP=COM3 not found. As usual I have in the fsuipc.ini : 1=COM3 2=COM4; when i start Vrsim.exe, the mcp combo it's recognized with the Com 3 port; at last, when i start SerialFp2.exe, all input respond. Please, can you help me? Tnks!

Please read and follow the Fault Diagnosis Procedure and email the logs. I need to see what is going on ‘under the hood’.

Also check the notes on use MSFS to ensure you have everything setup as needed. The VRISIM.EXE and SerialFP2 software should not be run at the same time as LINDA..

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Many tnks, i will do! Sure, i opened wrsim and serialfp2 just for check the com port and the combo response, then i closed all...

Good news. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK