After a longish break from MSFS, I've been tempted back by the recent spate of excellent addons.

I decided to try the 310 first, though I'm not usually a twin prop flyer.

It's a lovely bird, and a game-changer, imho, with the "rental" option which for the first time ever means that preflight checks actually matter.

But what I really wanted to say was WHOA! about the VR implementation.  It is absolutely first class.  The clarity of e.g. the PMS750 is terrific.  The sense of space and position in the 'pit is first class.  If I lean forward, I am getting more or less the clarity I get in 2D.  I'm sure that's not quite right, but it FEELS like it is, and that'll do, thanks very much.  Really surprisingly good.  And when I look out down that spectacular wing, I don't see the "judder" that I recognise in the defaults. It's like watching the 2D birds, again.  I think the airflow sounds seem overdone - let's say loud - but I suspect they're true to life and we're just spoiled with quieter models!

I've been messing around with the Cub, the TBM and the Extra - all stock, of course - and whilst they're good, I think the 310 is another level - despite all the system depth and excellent modelling.

Anyway.  Just wanted to share.  Lots of good reports in the pancake fora, so I thought one here might be worthwhile.  Very, very happy with this as a VR showcase.

Edit:  this with a 3900X, a 2080Ti and a G2.  Not quite state of the art, by any means.

Edited by Paul_Yorks
  • Like 7

Paul Skol

I agree wholeheartedly, my preferred VR plane at this moment (until tomorrow when the Hjet hits the market I'm afraid 🙂 ). I love the sounds as well. Flying through a heavy shower and the de-icing of the prop sounds are great. The loudness of the wind sounds seem okay to me, can hear the plane struggle at low speed. The only critic I have are the tiny clickspots for switches and such.

• Like 1

Yep the 310 is gorgeous in VR.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Wow! So smooth! Wgat are your XRToolkit settings to get it this good? Awesome~!

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

8 minutes ago, vonduck said:

Wow! So smooth! Wgat are your XRToolkit settings to get it this good? Awesome~!

I don't use XR Toolkit, just Oculus Rift S to sim.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Exactly what I wanted to hear just getting this.

I am in the business of setting up the sim again so I have not been able to get to VR yet I am very curious how the ju-52 fairs and the PMDG DC6. The latter is very performance intensive so I do fear I don´t have what it takes but that cockpit would be very interesting to see in proper scale! 

On 5/31/2022 at 12:25 AM, Paul_Yorks said:

After a longish break from MSFS, I've been tempted back by the recent spate of excellent addons.

I decided to try the 310 first, though I'm not usually a twin prop flyer.

It's a lovely bird, and a game-changer, imho, with the "rental" option which for the first time ever means that preflight checks actually matter.

But what I really wanted to say was WHOA! about the VR implementation.  It is absolutely first class.  The clarity of e.g. the PMS750 is terrific.  The sense of space and position in the 'pit is first class.  If I lean forward, I am getting more or less the clarity I get in 2D.  I'm sure that's not quite right, but it FEELS like it is, and that'll do, thanks very much.  Really surprisingly good.  And when I look out down that spectacular wing, I don't see the "judder" that I recognise in the defaults. It's like watching the 2D birds, again.  I think the airflow sounds seem overdone - let's say loud - but I suspect they're true to life and we're just spoiled with quieter models!

I've been messing around with the Cub, the TBM and the Extra - all stock, of course - and whilst they're good, I think the 310 is another level - despite all the system depth and excellent modelling.

Anyway.  Just wanted to share.  Lots of good reports in the pancake fora, so I thought one here might be worthwhile.  Very, very happy with this as a VR showcase.

Edit:  this with a 3900X, a 2080Ti and a G2.  Not quite state of the art, by any means.

Hmmmm tempting …..never bought one of their products before ….now do they ever have a sale?
.  🙂

Edited by Bozdog

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Just picked it up in the Marketplace.  Fired it up to check installed ok.  Have to agree  in VR its VERY impressive.  Instrument clarity a LOT better than  a lot of my other aircraft.

Going to have some fun in this one with all the realism and failures  turned on

😉

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11