Sign in to follow this  
Guest MauiHawk

FEX - Flight Environment for FSX news

Guest alex333

I searched for it but I did not yet find it here in the forums, so this may be new to some users here:http://www.flightenvironment.com/article.htmlChris Norris form the FEX team gives us some insight into the development of FEX and the "Environment Simulator".Pretty nice outlook for FSX, high quality addons are starting to pour in :)GreetingsAlex

Thx for the link. And WOW...! This is looking to become pretty awesome! If they can really deliver, this will be a major step forward! (And it will blow away X-Graphics too...!) I wonder at what performance-cost this all will come though...A few snippets (of you don't want to read it all, like I did. Although it's a good read!):"We give you the power to adjust just about everything, from the way the water color deepens to the tone of color it deepens to from the shallows to the deep ocean. You can easily with a couple of mouse clicks apply a different wave pattern to a different coral pattern to a different swell, adjusting the intensity of each and pick exactly the colors you desire.""Make no mistake, the range of variation is astronomical, to give you an idea there would be more than 100,000,000 water variations alone, and there is NO definitive set, as everyone perceives things differently, what we are delivering is the ability to achieve exactly what you perceive to be the most visually rewarding.""Furthermore when you are done achieving something special you can click a button to save the theme, and publish it to the FS community from within our application, even showing screenshots of how it appears in game, all collected dynamically.In turn you can benefit from the creative talent of other users within the community, viewing the themes others have created along with their screenshots and in a matter of seconds you can download their theme with one click and experience it in game yourself."Well, I can hardly wait! Although I do get the impression it will be a few more weeks before it will be released... And there is no word about Ground Environment yet.

Guest Xiderpunk

Many thanks :-)Over the next couple of weeks we plan on writing some additional content along with launching the website proper.Kind regards,Chris Norris

Guest baksteen33

>>Whenever I see a bridge I need to fly under it...<< ROFL :-) Kind regards and heaps of succes Jaap

Guest Xiderpunk

>>>Whenever I see a bridge I need to fly under it...<< >>ROFL :-) >>Kind regards and heaps of succes >>Jaap Many thanks Jaap :-)Chris Norris

Guest fireflyfx

Looks great. Is there going to be a ground environment X too? If so, when?

They must have hit a snag, last week Peter said it would be released in June, now the banner ad has July 7th! I'm looking forward to GEX mainly, as I already have the ASX/Xgraphics combo. After hearing they won't play nice with FEX, I guess there is little point in buying FEX at this point, unless I completely shelve ASX.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

>Looks great. Is there going to be a ground environment X too?>If so, when?Peter said GEX will be released around the same time as FEX, So I would guess that would be around July 7th (Release date for FEX) , give or take a dew days!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

>I'm looking>forward to GEX mainly, as I already have the ASX/Xgraphics>combo. Yes, things don't seem to go really according to plan. Also the fact that a lot of people bought ASX/XG almost without thinking about it must have hurt. Seemed no one knew about the plans for FE/GE? (Someone goofed up in the communication department or were they surprised by Hifi...?) Anyway, I am glad I didn't buy ASX/XG immediately because in a month or so I will be able to make a good choice. I have to say on paper FE/GE looks very promising, more so than XG. I'm not too interested in a weatherengine, not for 45 bucks anyway. I think ASX/XG will have the better weatherprogram, but FE/GE the better textures. So in the end nothing has changed... ;)

Guest Hocking

I don't see the Banner Ad that says the release date for FEX is July 7 that you are talking about. Where is it?By the way the article reads, I would have guessed that the release date for this product is still months away rather than weeks. It seems like they have only got an idea of what all they want to do, and they are now just getting started on it. I am kind of let down now. I thought the product would be released by the end of June, but now I am not sure if we will have it by the end of summer. July 7th would be ok, but I have my doubts they will meet that ship date based on what all they want to do. They are nearly creating an entire new simulator, and then running that simulator within FSX. It does sound nice, but very ambitious.

It's one of the floating banner ads on this page, just keep hitting refresh, and it should pop up sooner or later. I just checked, it's still there usually in the top left hand corner!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

Guest Stephen L

Oh I see it.. had to refresh though like 10 times... but it seems these are real photos in that banner though, I would like to see some shots of the product... oh well we shall see.cheers,Steve

Looks FEX'in good !

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

I don't see a banner... and the site still isn't updated (which should have happened last weekend, according to earlier posts). Pity. It's beginning to look like the release won't be too soon... Can I see the banner elsewhere? I'm dying for some screenshots...

Guest Peter Wilding

Hi there,The banner you can't see only shows randomly as AVSIM rotate them with each refresh.sometimes I've had to refesh the web page many times before it show up.Talk to you soon.Peter