Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Hjet now live in Marketplace

17 minutes ago, JYW said:

I've just attempted to assign every possible variable for FLC, VS, etc, in AAO - with no luck.

Also, I can't get any of the AAO options for throttles to work properly. They don't move with the visual handles and seem to be fighting with them. I have to map throttle in FS (same for CJ.) Are you able to get it to work with AAO throttle mappings? 

Eddie
KABQ

Anyone know what it takes to get Navigraph Charts to work in this Hjet G3000?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Anyone know what it takes to get Navigraph Charts to work in this Hjet G3000?

Left screen - Utilities / Setup / Database Status / Navigraph Charts - will open browser to login to Navigraph

• Like 2

Eddie
KABQ

54 minutes ago, haskell said:

Also, I can't get any of the AAO options for throttles to work properly. They don't move with the visual handles and seem to be fighting with them. I have to map throttle in FS (same for CJ.) Are you able to get it to work with AAO throttle mappings? 

It's not immediately obvious, but after you hit the engine starters, you have to drag the throttles forward a bit, to get them out of cut off and into idle.   They will then move with your hardware throttles.   (This puzzled me at first, too!)

• Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I understand, but I still think it's a little sensitive. I'm still able to lift off gently, but the nose has the tendency to waver (go up & down) a little. That's why I say is overly sensitive. I'm sure this can be tweaked.

Absolutely agree.  I understand it has a rearward CG (CRJ has that too) and is sensitive on take off, but it's the instability that is notable with this model.  It's very bobby-up-and-downy on take-off, for want of a better term! 😄

Also, the trim setting that will get you rotating, then leads to a severe pitch up on climb out, meaning you have to take off, then absolutely slam the nose down trim to avoid over pitching and dangerously losing speed.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

2 hours ago, MattNischan said:

We are working on a full G3000 refresh to land this year (like we did with the NXi) which will include the same next-gen nav, and will work with FlightFx and Marwan to make sure to get it integrated on the HJet.

Hey I'm the biggest fan of WT! Looking forward to the new G3000 not just for this jet but the TBM too!

Is it true WT are working on MSFS flight planner?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Yes I did. I'm one of the lead Working Title developers and we have been in contact with Marwan a bit throughout the process. I believe this text is incorrect in the description. You should not have to have the Working Title G3000 installed. The HJet ships with its own modified and improved version of the Working Title G3000 which has a custom VNAV implementation by Marwan for the HJet.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by Garmin navdata here, but it is the whole Garmin G3000 that is included. The navdata it uses is whatever navdata you have installed into the sim (whether that's stock navdata or Navigraph). You do not need to update navdata for the plane or G3000 separately, like you do for the Fenix, PMDG 737, or Maddog.

@MattNischan Thanks for your hard work in helping 3rd party developers, like the Honda Jet creator, to get their planes integrated with the Working Title G3000.  

And for those who are against spending money in the MSFS marketplace, when you do spend money in the MSFS marketplace, some of the money that Microsoft makes indirectly goes towards the salaries of people like the Working Title developers.  

You can see the work that the Working Title folks did to help the creator of the HondaJet in bringing the HondaJet for MSFS to market.

• Like 6

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

22 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

@MattNischan Thanks for your hard work in helping 3rd party developers, like the Honda Jet creator, to get their planes integrated with the Working Title G3000.  

And for those who are against spending money in the MSFS marketplace, when you do spend money in the MSFS marketplace, some of the money that Microsoft makes indirectly goes towards the salaries of people like the Working Title developers.  

You can see the work that the Working Title folks did to help the creator of the HondaJet in bringing the HondaJet for MSFS to market.

Excellent point. I think that most customers are not aware that developers can now push patches/updates much faster than even a year ago.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, JYW said:

Our only hope (other than the dev recognising this omission and adding the assignments; a default aircraft level of functionality)

I understand that this feels basic, but I have a feeling it is anything but. My assumption is that this is because the default autopilot is being partially overridden to make VNAV work (probably driving VNAV in VS mode, and understand I'm speculating). In order to do that _and_ accept key commands, you immediately have to graduate to a totally custom LNAV and AP solution that replaced every bit of the AP, which is a really heavy ask at this price point (we have thousands of hours of work into the NXi-derived AP and LNAV stuff).

So, I wouldn't judge it too harshly in this regard. It's possible there can still be some workaround but it's a very complex issue. Because there are cockpit buttons that work for this, this will definitely be addressable with AAO, Spad, Mobiflight, et al.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 5

Is there any documentation provided with this aircraft, or do we just guess how to fly it  ?? 🙄

• Like 1

Anyone using the Honeycomb Bravo able to figure out how to set throttles into and out of the “cutoff” position?

Currently, just manually moving them with my mouse.

Also, I’m sure it’s something just stupid I’m doing…but my pfd is just not functioning at all.  Completely frozen.  The heading indicator and CDI do not move and I’m only seeing XXXX’s on my pfd’s altitude and speed tapes?

2gjObLu.png

Edited by FakeWayne

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

You are right it's just annoying waiting for updates

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Is it worth buying 

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

1 hour ago, Jetman67 said:

Is it worth buying 

🤣 What kind of question is that for a no-brainer?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I'll take that as a firm yes

Wayne such