Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Hjet now live in Marketplace

Reactions seem very underwhelming, is this actually any good? Deeper modelled than the CJ4?

• Upvote 1

I used most of the runway to get off from KASE Aspen which is at 8000 ASL so I'm thinking that is fairly accurate.

Luv the plane already.

sp

I am still searching my way through the basics. Anybody know how to adjust the brightness of the glass panels, they are kind of dark at night.

actually its very nice have not flown it yet cant find the park brake, is their any doco and if so where the hell is it LOL

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

20 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

actually its very nice have not flown it yet cant find the park brake, is their any doco and if so where the hell is it LOL

Docs are in the works.  PBrake is the big red button on the right dash.  Not you usual bird for sure.

sp

Thanks very much

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

7 hours ago, JYW said:

@Simple B (and others interested in key commands),

I've just attempted to assign every possible variable for FLC, VS, etc, in AAO - with no luck.

Our only hope (other than the dev recognising this omission and adding the assignments; a default aircraft level of functionality), is a genius like @guenseli mapping out the actualy LVARs that the clickspots are using, and building a script for AAO.  🙂

Thats a real shame.l, there is a lot to like here, but fiddling with mouse controls for rotarys is not for me.

Thanks for saving me the time in AAO.

Lets hope @guenseli can strip and script this for AAO, as that level stuff is way beyond me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MattNischan said:

I understand that this feels basic, but I have a feeling it is anything but. My assumption is that this is because the default autopilot is being partially overridden to make VNAV work (probably driving VNAV in VS mode, and understand I'm speculating). In order to do that _and_ accept key commands, you immediately have to graduate to a totally custom LNAV and AP solution that replaced every bit of the AP, which is a really heavy ask at this price point (we have thousands of hours of work into the NXi-derived AP and LNAV stuff).

So, I wouldn't judge it too harshly in this regard. It's possible there can still be some workaround but it's a very complex issue. Because there are cockpit buttons that work for this, this will definitely be addressable with AAO, Spad, Mobiflight, et al.

I suspected this was likely the issue, I will pit the covers on until a community expert posts a solution or your team integrate the full functioning G3000 later this year in the hope the developer can ammend the ap bindings.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

I'll take that as a firm yes

I bought it, started Flightsim, set the HJet at YMMB at a parking spot, heard a smash outside, ran out to find my drivers side mirror broken and an elderly lady walking back towards me with a white mirror cover (from her car) ....obvious what happened, we exchanged details, I folded what was remaining of my mirror back, picked up the pieces and ran back in to fly the HJet..and stayed their for two hours, called my local dealership mid-flight to order the replacement parts and kept flying...it's that good....the HJet that is....and with Navigraph integration as well it's a wonderful first version release.

Edited by YMMB
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, YMMB said:

I bought it, started Flightsim, set the HJet at YMMB at a parking spot, heard a smash outside, ran out to find my drivers side mirror broken and an elderly lady walking back towards me with a white mirror cover (from her car) ....obvious what happened, we exchanged details, I folded what was remaining of my mirror back, picked up the pieces and ran back in to fly the HJet..and stayed their for two hours, called my local dealership mid-flight to order the replacement parts and kept flying...it's that good....the HJet that is....and with Navigraph integration as well it's a wonderful first version release.

Oh bugger poor car, I brought it as well but could not find the park brake lol so I went outside and mowed and washed the car, it's a really nice plane I'm going to have a fly now, but strange there is no documentation, glad I brought it

Wayne such

3 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Reactions seem very underwhelming, is this actually any good? Deeper modelled than the CJ4?

Same here. Hard to figure out whether this is any good. I'll wait until the hype train has left the station.

6 hours ago, FakeWayne said:

Anyone using the Honeycomb Bravo able to figure out how to set throttles into and out of the “cutoff” position?

Currently, just manually moving them with my mouse.

Also, I’m sure it’s something just stupid I’m doing…but my pfd is just not functioning at all.  Completely frozen.  The heading indicator and CDI do not move and I’m only seeing XXXX’s on my pfd’s altitude and speed tapes?

2gjObLu.png

There's been some discussion on the FlightFX Discord about the XXX's appearing for some users. It seems to have been traced to the PMS50 mods somehow hooking into the custom built PFD for the HondaJet, but I'm not sure if it was the GNS530 or the GTN750 mod. Try removing them from your community folder and reboot the sim and see if that fixes the all XXX's for you.

"We shall not cease from exploration...

and the end of all our exploring...

will be to arrive where we started...

and know the place for the first time."

- T. S. Eliot

33 minutes ago, Truthan said:

There's been some discussion on the FlightFX Discord about the XXX's appearing for some users. It seems to have been traced to the PMS50 mods somehow hooking into the custom built PFD for the HondaJet, but I'm not sure if it was the GNS530 or the GTN750 mod. Try removing them from your community folder and reboot the sim and see if that fixes the all XXX's for you.

My bet? it is because people have an old version of PMS50 not updated.. PMS50 requires an update for SU9 and if you don't, it stops coherent from working properly, which in turns, stops the entire MSFS JS code from working properly.

We have a couple of similar incidents in the Sting S4 because of this, just be sure you have PMS50 fully updated to latest.

R.

• Like 2

I've found the response to the release pretty good, aside a few issues there is already a planned patch for Thursday and on Discord there is a Known Issues list which I've copied below for those not on Discord. I'm holding off purchase for a few reasons, one new one is that VR Zoom does not work in cockpit, a little but big issue for me so I hope that gets added at some point.

Known Issues;

NikkoUM [FlightFX] — Yesterday at 19:49
-PFD Wont Go Full Screen
This is a correct behavior.  The screen does not go full in the HJet.

- Marketplace incorrectly states that you need WT G3000 installed.
THIS IS NOT NEC.  The g3000 suite is included in your hjet package and functions independently from the stand alone WTG3000 (edited)

Marwan Gharib — Yesterday at 21:17
-Vspeed are not automatically calculated some times
-If you start the flight with 0 payload, the Vspeeds cannot be automatically calculated, please ensure you have atleast a pilot and some fuel from the start. will put safeguards on this in a follow up patch

Marwan Gharib — Yesterday at 21:25
-if departure procedure terminates with the same way point as and enroute way point , you get freezes in the PFD and MFD , same occurs if the last enroute waypoint is the same as IAF in apporach
-This is a known issue with the G3000 suite , please delete redundant points from enroute if they are alerady existing in either SID or STAR

Marwan Gharib — Yesterday at 23:40
-PFD and MFD gets dim at night
-Addressed in upcoming patch Thursday 2nd June (edited)

Marwan Gharib — Today at 00:08
-Setting custom VFR camera causes ctd
Under investigation

Marwan Gharib — Today at 01:59
-When in exterior lights page in right GTC the nav and com radios display changes value and are non clickable , only on that page
-bug identified and will be patched up.

Edited by MarcG
  • Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, Truthan said:

Disabling the PMS 750 mod fixed it for me.  I'll have to update to the latest version of the mod and see if that still conflicts or not.  Just haven't been using it much lately with the TDS available now.

Thanks for the help

Edited by FakeWayne