Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Flight1 Mustang & King Air B200 bundle for $59.44

On 5/31/2022 at 6:40 PM, bofhlusr said:

I thought I'm done with P3D... but... but... 🙂

Flight1.com - Flight Simulator Add-ons for FSX and Prepar3D

Flight1 have had that bundle quite awhile. I never left P3D/FSX world. I like the level of local control and customization available. Also the freeware and addon availability will exceed MSFS for quite some time to come. My P3D v4 and FSX with full Orbx and UTX providing vector and Urban texture looks very convincing, at least in my home area which I know first hand.

Edited by Gary1124
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Still pretty expensive, if I look at this statement:

"Note that there are beta versions of these products for Prepar3D v5 which are included. Some features for Prepar3D 5 may not be available."

As I know flight1 from the past, they stop developing suddenly (GTN 750 until HF1 but not HF2). So there's nothing more to expect for these two planes. 

Edited by blaunarwal
  • Upvote 1

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

I was late to the party with the B200 (V2). At $45, I think it is a great aircraft...even in P3D v5. (Especially when compared to the typically incomplete models released by Carenado.)

I like how the B200 simulates most actual (real world) run-up/pre-flight procedures. The G1000 avionics is well represented.

I had the Mustang back in the FSX/early P3D days. It was decent. The displays were good, but, computor memory intensive in 32 bit. (The plane flew a little too slow for me to be of long term interest.)

I would recommend the B200 though.

10 hours ago, blaunarwal said:

So there's nothing more to expect for these two planes. 

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I'd been watching these in hope for quite a while, as I'd purchased them previously for FSX. Though even with an upgrade discount that lets me get both for $40, I've still not pulled the trigger, since I just get the sense they've become abandonware.

Flight1 have stated that the aircraft are basically port overs, with just enough updates to make them work, but there are still reportedly bugs and issues present. 

So after being burnt on a number of fronts with promised updates for Prepar3D on other products like Ultimate Traffic, plus makers such as MilViz, I've become far more cautious about putting down any money on products I sense will get eternally stuck in a state of being hangered whilst I wait for updates to fix bugs and support new point releases of P3D.

These two aircraft were released to BETA for P3Dv5 in Sep / Oct 2020, and although there continues to be some response in the support forums for them, there's really not much happening in way of changes for them. In fact there is a post in the Mustang forum from April this year (2022) stating "At this point, I am not aware of any further development planned for the product.".

So I'd say if you were happy to put down the cash and take it for what it is, then go for it. But basically be prepared (no pun intended) to expect that they won't be something you can carry on using as later revisions to the Preapr3D platform are released.

Compared to what the Mustang costs at regular price, I don't find this offer too attractive. In FSX times, Flight1 was one of the good companies, and I've visited their website regulary. But at some time, they stopped making efforts, first graphically, and then compatibility-wise - but they were still as mean as ever, concerning sales for example. These might be good planes, but as an owner of the B200, I regret I'm not interested in the Mustang anymore, not in 2022.

• Like 3

Regards, Dominik

On 6/10/2022 at 4:10 PM, VitaminA330 said:

Compared to what the Mustang costs at regular price, I don't find this offer too attractive. In FSX times, Flight1 was one of the good companies, and I've visited their website regulary. But at some time, they stopped making efforts, first graphically, and then compatibility-wise - but they were still as mean as ever, concerning sales for example. These might be good planes, but as an owner of the B200, I regret I'm not interested in the Mustang anymore, not in 2022.

I remember them flourishing with products like Ground, Flight and Ultimate Environment product lines, etc. But then, ORBX joined the scene and I assume ORBX rained on their parade.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1