Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

HJET Issues List

3 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Marwan, for my and everyones interest how or do we need to set takeoff pitch trim?

Thanks

sp

There is a tiny green band in the PITCH indicator. Use elevator trim to get the arrows in that band (the arrows will turn green.) Note: the green band moves based on flap position. So set to T/O flaps before you set the trim. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eddie
KABQ

11 hours ago, Marwan Gharib said:

so I did synchronize the "current VNAV profile" screen to the right of the VSD, and to be honest.. missed the one in the GTC ..

😳

Alright, so this finally explains why the VNAV still felt broken to me. Honestly, these things should be documented and at least put into the list of known issues by now. Please make sure you put them into the manual when that gets done.

These issues have been the biggest reason why I found my experience with the HJet pretty frustrating so far. There are many functions in the G3000 that are currently not implemented in the HJet, but it's never really made clear what should already work, what is buggy in its current state, what isn't implemented (yet), and what will probably not be implemented at all.

Adding to that, unlike the stock version and the WT G3000 mod, the HJ G3000 screens doesn't have any visible feedback when pressing the various touchscreen buttons (normally, you would get a touchscreen button animation that shows that an icon or button is in its pressed state) so you never really know what's going on if you click something and nothing happens.

That also applies to the physical buttons in the cockpit. You simply don't know what is working and what is inoperable, because the buttons don't have klick animations or audible feedback. I was really surprised to see these problems in a payware plane, when all of the stock MSFS planes have certain standards in cockpit interaction. 

On 6/5/2022 at 7:58 PM, Marwan Gharib said:

Agreed, That was bad planning on my part, Thought I had much more time to do the documentation than what turned out to be … Will make it up!

Thanks Marwan,

I appreciate your efforts very much 🙂

8 minutes ago, PTI139 said:

Thanks Marwan,

I appreciate your efforts very much 🙂

This developer has such a great attitude, I wish all developers were this humble and accountable, love this plane can't wait for it to get better and better

• Like 4

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

I was sceptical about this when I heard the first comments, but I bought it and I'm really happy with it: the VC looks fantastic and it's a really interesting ultramodern jet aircraft. I like it much better than the (sorry) blant WT CJ4.
What's annoying (but also the only thing) is the G3000 problems with direct-to and other well noted stuff, but for 25 dollars this is an excellent product.

What I found a bit unfortunate is that the aircraft came without manual (is now being worked on) and had no checklist in the ingame widget...
I did later find the checklist in the G3000 but I was abit dumbfounded at first, having never used a Hondajet in another sim.

I also found starting it up is just a handful of buttons, by watching a YT tutorial....this could be put into a manual and hopefully also some minimal checklist in the ingame panel.
I did a bunch of flights with it and having used the Longitude and the TBM a lot,I found operating the aircraft easy, as I am familiar with the WT G3000.

I also had issues with the PFD freezing and in another forum somebody mentioned this could be caused by the pms50 addons, so I deleted those.

What I currently have is terrible framerates in most some party sceneries with the aircraft. I double checked the same locations with the Longitude and all was smooth. Not sure what is going on there. 
It would also be nice to use my usual keybindings for the Autopilot.

I will for now put it in my hangar and wait for the next round of updates. I fly the Longitude and the WT CJ4 a lot, so I am not in dire need for the Hondajet.
I am pretty confident this addon is gonna be great once the issues are ironed out.
It think it flies phantastic and I find it easy to operate.

P.S.: I love the seagul 🙂

Edited by darshonaut

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

5 hours ago, darshonaut said:

What I found a bit unfortunate is that the aircraft came without manual (is now being worked on) and had no checklist in the ingame widget...
I did later find the checklist in the G3000 but I was abit dumbfounded at first, having never used a Hondajet in another sim.

I also had issues with the PFD freezing and in another forum somebody mentioned this could be caused by the pms50 addons, so I deleted those.

What I currently have is terrible framerates in most some party sceneries with the aircraft. I double checked the same locations with the Longitude and all was smooth. Not sure what is going on there. 
It would also be nice to use my usual keybindings for the Autopilot.

I will for now put it in my hangar and wait for the next round of updates. I fly the Longitude and the WT CJ4 a lot, so I am not in dire need for the Hondajet.
I am pretty confident this addon is gonna be great once the issues are ironed out.
It think it flies phantastic and I find it easy to operate.

P.S.: I love the seagul 🙂

I posted this twice before, but here again is a link to the official Hondajet POH, which you should find very helpful given the close true-to-life modeling of the Hjet by Marwan.  I have always found it very cool to read the manufactures POH and going "ah ha!" when sitting in a sim cockpit.  https://archive.org/details/xxi-3-honda-h-51-hdjt-o-pom-r-2-3-mar-2017

I keep as many MSFS addons as possible clear of my MSFS installation and only move into place those addons needed for a specific flight using the great Addons Linker program.  I have found I can even accomplish that my moving addons from the MSFS Official\One Store instead into my Addons managed area.  the pms50-gns is one I have successfully done that with.  So no need to uninstall it.  Just move it and then merely manage positioning it when needed with the linker.

My hours are split between the SWS Kodiak, the modded default Bonanza, the Carenado 337, the Milviz C310, and now the Hjet.  I cannot find enough common autopilot functions between any pair of those for a common key binding set, much less less a set for the group of them as a whole.  I just spend some study time in each new model and copy/create and then edit to configure new profiles.  I also find I have to do that with Custom Camera views as well to get some semblance of consistency from my yoke buttons and switches as developers have not adopted anything remotely resembling a common standard. 

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 6/1/2022 at 5:34 AM, jcorstjens said:

I cannot take off with the HJet from any runway or any airportm!!

At 50-60 kts it lifts its right wing and flips over resulting in a crash. Slightly before this happens the plane start shaking violently.

Sometimes I got the messsage that the HJet collided with something on the runway, but the runway was unobstructed!

I used trim nose down to avoid the nose dipping due to the right wing coming up, still a crash!!

Any suggestions, please help ??

I had the same problem until this morning. I suspected my Bravo Throttle quadrant had something to do with it since it can be finicky with some planes. I unplugged it and tried a takeoff, moving the throttles with the mouse and everything worked fine. I reset the flight and plugged the Bravo back in and it still continues to work without issue.

Great plane!  Been flying it ~4 hours every day. No issues. 

I can't fly without VNAV anymore. :smile:

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2022 at 7:46 PM, Marwan Gharib said:

Hello @Bad_T and thank you for your feedback!

I see the altitude mismatch,Actually spent a ton of time to ensure it doesn't happen .. are you seeing this consistently of does it fail sporadically? will definitely have a deep look at the code to see what might have broken.

Now with regards to the VNAV page on the left GTC indeed it does not match the information on the VSD, the calculations here are done by the Working title algorithm which is different than the one you see on the VSD and the "current vnav profile" window. the autopilot will follow the VSD and "current vnav profile"

I've only been able to add the full working title suite natively very shortly before release which allowed being able to modify the WT code without affecting any other aircraft..so I did synchronize the "current VNAV profile" screen to the right of the VSD, and to be honest.. missed the one in the GTC .. long story short, I have this item on my todo list as a top priority item , will synchronize the GTC vnav display with the upcoming patch and will ensure it displays the calculated information by the HJET's own vnav logic.

Thanks again for the detailed report.

This post is a few weeks old, but it clears up some of the issues I've been having with vnav. Hopefully, a fix is forthcoming. 

Ref some of the issues noted recently.

Below is a link to the developers list of known issues that includes a patch time frame.

If you are suffering frame rate issues, there is a setting in the g3000 map setting on the left GTC to lower map detail, try reducing this.

For those suffering flip on take off, ensure your flight model is set to Modern in Sim settings. This will be forced in an upcoming patch. Restart the sim after making this change.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BVx1ot91WbL10wZIWFcRdEEtAK9lZtGOnSOTjnNABEc/edit?usp=sharing

Below is a link to the developers first mock up of a tutorial flight document to help newcomers familiarise themselves with operation, which is being refined and will be included in as part of the download of a future update. Bear in mind Marwan is Egyptian and the sole developer on this product so there are some minor language use issues in the guide, but still very usuable and useful.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VRvjF4Tt90XmvKy2bpPn96S5TPyFAokm/edit.

Hope this helps some of those with issues.

Mine is currently hangered until the external auto pilot bindings are resolved, which should be in a patch next week, very much looking forward to getting it back in the skies.

Edited by Simple B

Of course I did not kerp it hangared after all.

I did acouple of flights and was impressed how nicely VNAV works.

Found if I wait long enough, the FPS issues upon loading are gone.

All I need now for QoL would be the AP keybindings to work.

all in all good value for money and potentially even great value for money.

a joy to fly.

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

How are the fps with this jet, any comparison ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 6/25/2022 at 11:19 AM, warbirds said:

How are the fps with this jet, any comparison ?

Anyone ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png