Sign in to follow this  
V1ROTA7E

STORM is out

Need to know if the missions can only be done with default planes or if addon planes can be used, before thinking about buying it. If it's just for default planes, I think I'll pass.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just of my opinion but I've been a critic of the clouds since Asobo changed them SU3'ish timeframe and must say these clouds look even worse than the default live weather for some reason. Not sure if it's because they are using the only one type of cloud and "patching" all of it together somehow? The best scenes I get currently are using REX because somehow they are able to still use the various cloud "types" lurking somewhere in the code - that even Asobo have seem to have lost somehow.

Just looks very unnatural / ugly to me?

storm-for-msfs-q8zvL.jpg?auto_optimize=l

storm-for-msfs-eO3jW.jpg?auto_optimize=l

Edited by KERNEL32
  • Like 3

It looks like you'd perish if you flew into that thing

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

You can create these hurricanes with a text editor in 3 minutes by yourself.

Create a *.wpr file (weather preset) with a <Hurricane> tag, containing lat & long & radius (of the inner eye) and you can create Hurricanes wherever you want.

You need to store the preset file then into this folder:

<path to msfs>\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Weather\Presets

You can also modify a preset from the weather menu within the sim, persist it on PC (rather than XBOX cloud) and then go to the above folder and add the hurricane tag to the created wpr-file.

Edited by mrueedi
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

The best scenes I get currently are using REX because somehow they are able to still use the various cloud "types" lurking somewhere in the code - that even Asobo have seem to have lost somehow.

100 percent agree.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home