Sign in to follow this  
Roy Warren

Need Steering Help for FBWA32NX

I am unable to control the steering for taxi and takeoff.  I wander all over the place.  I have the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals  I have tried several settings in the sensitivity settings and nothing helps.

Learning to fly the FBY A32NX.  Have had no problems with this on GA aircraft.

Thanks,

Roy

Edited by Roy Warren

See if this video helps.  It is likely that you have the steering tiller also being activated so you need to set it up properly.  I think many are having this issue thinking it is sensitivity of rudder pedals.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

9 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

See if this video helps.  It is likely that you have the steering tiller also being activated so you need to set it up properly.  I think many are having this issue thinking it is sensitivity of rudder pedals.

The Fenix 320 and the FBW A32NX are unrelated.

@Roy Warrenhttps://docs.flybywiresim.com/fbw-a32nx/feature-guides/nw-tiller/

This should help.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

Video is for the Fenix.  I have the Fly By Wire A32NX.  No tiller on it.  Did have a settings for the tiller on the FlyPad that was set to Disable. I changed it to Enable and then I had no control at all.

Still looking for more suggestions.

Roy

40 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I am unable to control the steering for taxi and takeoff.  I wander all over the place.

Can you explain a bit more? If it steers opposite for a moment you need to disable the auto-rudder.

You're right. I was trying different things and I disabled the auto rudder.  Everything is normal now.

Thanks for your help. BTW The FBW AA32NX does have that tiller but it is marked INOP. 

Roy

50 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

Video is for the Fenix.  I have the Fly By Wire A32NX.  No tiller on it.  Did have a settings for the tiller on the FlyPad that was set to Disable. I changed it to Enable and then I had no control at all.

Oops!  Sorry about that....I have seen this issue in the Fenix and completely missed you said FBW!  Glad you got it sorted...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

1 hour ago, Roy Warren said:

Roy

Make sure to set the tiller axis as per the doc I've linked above if you have twist axis+rudder pedals. Else, if your tiller and rudder are being controlled by the same axis, the separate tiller on the EFB option should be disabled, like you observed previously

Edited by sidnov
grammar

Developer - FlyByWire Simulations

4 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

Thanks for your help. BTW The FBW AA32NX does have that tiller but it is marked INOP. 

The FBW A32NX does have a tiller that is independent of the rudder axis and it works very well. At least it does in the Experimental version.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor