Sign in to follow this  
amazany

REMOTEVIRTUALCOCKPIT for MSFS 737 now released

Looking for a great app to control via a apple iPad the systems on the newly released PMDG 737

checkout Remotevirtualcockpit on apples app store

The applications of the Remote Virtual Cockpit collection allow you to have many aspects of the aircraft under control during the flight.

By simply looking at the simplified interface and interacting with the controls, it is possible to act on:

• electrical components (batteries, alternators, avionics)
  • engines (starters, pumps, fuel flows, heating)
  • flight settings (flaps, wheels, trim, aero brakes)
  • autopilot (level flight, altitude, rate of ascent and descent)
  • radio (communication, navigation and transponder frequencies)
  • interact with the ATC
  • map (to see the position of the plane in the world)
  • interact with FMC for aircraft developed by the PMDG

• Like 2

For anyone curious about the app, I purchased it today for my iPad, £9 in the UK, so not expensive.

You also have to download a server app for the PC, which also prompted me to install a MS Net runtime that wasn't on my machine.

Also you have to add a couple of lines to the 737.ini file to allow it to communicate with the app, but the instructions were clear and it was easy to do.

The server app on the PC shows the IP address of the PC, which you then put into the app on the iPad.

It actually works pretty well. Even though I mostly fly the PMDG 737 in VR, I set up the flight in 2D, and having an FMC on the iPad instead of using the mouse for me was a useful bonus, the other functions could be useful for those not using VR.

But even as a mostly VR user,  having an FMC I can punch in the numbers pre-flight, is preferable to using the mouse, so I felt it worthwhile just for that function 

Eugene