Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Version 1.0.2.104, released on 2022-06-01

It’s a bit noisy here (unusual for AvSim) but I can unreservedly say I’m very impressed with Fenix and their A320. It’s an incredible representation of Fifi and great value for my $$.

All the above is my personal opinion only, and you know what they say about opinions…. but after reading some posts, I felt obliged to offer it.

@Aamir and his entire team have been gracious and helpful and I remain obliged.

C

• Like 10

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

40 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Sure, he has been testing the aircraft and given advice to the Fenix team prior to release. So you could say he's biased.

But the same would apply to Darren Howie (Beta tester for FSL) who started the whole Fenix vs. FSL near the top of page 6 in his (by now heavily edited) post - amongst other things placing Fenix after FSL, ToLiss and Aerosoft (???)

I rest my case.

Edited by SierraDelta
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

So a 737 Pilot is better at judging an A320 than an A320 Pilot?   Huh??

I like 737NGDriver but in addition to being a 737 pilot is also a member of the PMDG tech team so hardly unbiased.

• Like 1

Ryan

44 minutes ago, cavaricooper said:

It’s a bit noisy here (unusual for AvSim) but I can unreservedly say I’m very impressed with Fenix and their A320. It’s an incredible representation of Fifi and great value for my $$.

All the above is my personal opinion only, and you know what they say about opinions…. but after reading some posts, I felt obliged to offer it.

@Aamir and his entire team have been gracious and helpful and I remain obliged.

C

Carl, that is an assurance for me that Ican't go wrong buying it...

Thanks !

• Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

7 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

I like 737NGDriver but in addition to being a 737 pilot is also a member of the PMDG tech team so hardly unbiased.

What does that have to do with the Fenix Airbus.......????

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

You surely cant go wrong buying this. It is simply the most satisfying purchase I've made in all my years in this hobby and have them all: FSL, PMDG, Aerosoft etc.. on all the ESP based platforms.

None of them gave me the feeling that this rendition of Fifi does. Its very very immersive on all levels.  

• Like 2

Craig Sells

51 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

But the same would apply to Darren Howie (Beta tester for FSL) who started the whole Fenix vs. FSL near the top of page 6 in his (by now heavily edited) post - amongst other things placing Fenix after FSL, ToLiss and Aerosoft (???)

I rest my case.

That's very extreme to place the Fenix behind even Aerosoft.  Those type of posters just have no credibility.  SMH.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Performance during take off and landing are very bad, compared to the apron and cruise ones.

someone has the same issue? Please

3 minutes ago, YouDontKnow said:

Performance during take off and landing are very bad, compared to the apron and cruise ones.

More or less everyone will experience this.  Only way is to lower your settings if you want smooth performance at airports.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

21 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

737ngdriver is not a type rated A320 pilot, is he?  Of course you would prefer an actual type rated A320 pilot to give their assessment of the Fenix A320.  And by far, most of the type rated A320 pilots on Twitch and Youtube, have given the Fenix A320 very good reviews.

Will respectfully, and completely disagree with your speculation, Mr. Jackson. 😉 

• Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Will respectfully, and completely disagree with your speculation, Mr. Jackson. 😉 

That his is (correctly) pointing out issues with the product he is testing is not the same as expecting him to praise a “competitor “

• Like 1

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

11 minutes ago, YouDontKnow said:

You may be mainthread limited. Consider reducing/disabling the following settings:

• Terrain LOD
  • Photogrammetry
  • Clouds
  • AI traffic (aircraft, ground vehicles, boats, cars)

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

You may be mainthread limited. Consider reducing/disabling the following settings:

• Terrain LOD
  • Photogrammetry
  • Clouds
  • AI traffic (aircraft, ground vehicles, boats, cars)

I feel Terrain LOD is much heavier on FPS now. I have turned it down from 200 to 100 on the ground. It could also be related to all the airliners and airports like EBBR and KBOS that have been released lately. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

27 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

That's very extreme to place the Fenix behind even Aerosoft.  Those type of posters just have no credibility.  SMH.

The Aerosoft was the only other Airbus I had purchased. What a pile of garbage it was, flew it for a week or so, and put it in the recycle bin. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

36 minutes ago, YouDontKnow said:

Well that's "movement" and tends to create lower FPS in about every flight simulator, because scenery gets loaded/unloaded/drawn etc. This has nothing to do with the Fenix.
In cruise that doesnt matter because almost no scenery gets loaded because of the altitude (no autogen, no trees, no PG etc.)

Edited by Fiorentoni