Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Version 1.0.2.104, released on 2022-06-01

11 minutes ago, espent said:

I feel Terrain LOD is much heavier on FPS now. I have turned it down from 200 to 100 on the ground. It could also be related to all the airliners and airports like EBBR and KBOS that have been released lately. 

It's more likely the cities Brussels and Boston. You can disable PG if you don't want to turn down LOD. Will net you a 50% to 100% FPS increase.

41 minutes ago, YouDontKnow said:

Performance during take off and landing are very bad, compared to the apron and cruise ones.

someone has the same issue? Please

I've got it on performance-biased graphic setting options (the sim itself is on pretty high settings). Being at work a lot recently (working on the real things) I've not flown the Fenix A320 too much, but I have been pleasantly surprised how smooth it ran during a manual landing when I was trying that out. I was able to grease it onto the touchdown markers with no problem whatsoever, so I'd suggest checking some of those options, it still looks good anyway even with those performance-biased options selected and the CPU carrying the load. It's probably the best fifty quid I've ever spent on a flight sim airliner.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

24 minutes ago, Chock said:

I've got it on performance-biased graphic setting options (the sim itself is on pretty high settings). Being at work a lot recently (working on the real things) I've not flown the Fenix A320 too much, but I have been pleasantly surprised how smooth it ran during a manual landing when I was trying that out. I was able to grease it onto the touchdown markers with no problem whatsoever, so I'd suggest checking some of those options, it still looks good anyway even with those performance-biased options selected and the CPU carrying the load. It's probably the best fifty quid I've ever spent on a flight sim airliner.

Is CPU the way for current CPU's only?

I guess my old I7-4770K is better with IGPU or GPU?

Anyone tried it out with a restart of sim or just on the run only?

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

52 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Aerosoft was the only other Airbus I had purchased. What a pile of garbage it was, flew it for a week or so, and put it in the recycle bin. 

Same here :-). I remember they were publishing so many hot fixes to fixes that they almost run out of alphabet 🙂

Artur 

8 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

enlighten me, remind 3 things the fenix has (or is more superior than)  that the  fslabs doesnt.  This way i can then give you 20 things the fslabs has that fenix does not.

Look ill give you its a alright addon, and at a decent price.  but if you put it up against the fslabs,  its again a Ford Focus up against a Ferrai type scenerio 

Hi Pete,

Well to stick to your analogy, The FSL is still the best A320 but your flying a Ferrari in a 20 year old Ford that has lip stick on it. I just did a landing in the Fenix and it was moving around all the time just like when you watch a real VC of a A320 landing unlike that totaly on rails sim that roots are 20 years old. 

You know how much I love the FSlL but I would not for a second use P3D to use the FSL in a pig of a sim. It always felt wrong the way all aircraft  felt so dead.

The Fenix is fantastic but so is MSFS. I could give you list of 20 things the Fexin does that leaves the FSL for dead. But frankly am not getting into my dad is better than your. Or am I going to the P3D forum to be little that sim or any of its aircraft.

I glad your still enjoying the FSL.👍

3 hours ago, SierraDelta said:

But the same would apply to Darren Howie (Beta tester for FSL) who started the whole Fenix vs. FSL near the top of page 6 in his (by now heavily edited) post - amongst other things placing Fenix after FSL, ToLiss and Aerosoft (???)

I rest my case.

If he said that them frankly I will not read another word he says, its worthless.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Is CPU the way for current CPU's only?

I guess my old I7-4770K is better with IGPU or GPU?

Anyone tried it out with a restart of sim or just on the run only?

Thanks Michael Moe 

I've got a 4770K and using IGPU. Don't think it's making an enormous amount of difference but is takes some load off my GTX1060.

Funnily enough I flew an outbound trip from EGKK to ESSA in the Fenix and I'm now flying the return in the PMDG 737. The fps difference is night and day, the 737 is still butter smooth in comparison to the Fenix.

On a side note anyone contemplating flying (in the sim) to ESSA, don't. Unless you want to hit a cliff in the middle of runway 26 which flips you over...

Edited by Tom Wright

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

6 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

On a side note anyone contemplating flying (in the sim) to ESSA, don't. Unless you want to hit a cliff in the middle of runway 26 which flips you over...

I learnt this the hardway about a month ago. There's a fix available at flightsim.to

• Like 1

Just found out that with the new update Pushback Express is working fine. The pre-plan feature is great. 

5WotU4P.jpg

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I learnt this the hardway about a month ago. There's a fix available at flightsim.to

Thank you, I'll go check it out!

Pretty immersion killing after a decent 2hr flight haha

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

3 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

I ran into a bumb at FSDT KBOS yesterday when taking off, cannot remember which rwy but you can see it from above after takeoff

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

Well that's "movement" and tends to create lower FPS in about every flight simulator, because scenery gets loaded/unloaded/drawn etc. This has nothing to do with the Fenix.
In cruise that doesnt matter because almost no scenery gets loaded because of the altitude (no autogen, no trees, no PG etc.)

Ok, but it is something that I don’t have with PMDG. 

27 minutes ago, Tom Wright said:

Thank you, I'll go check it out!

Pretty immersion killing after a decent 2hr flight haha

hahah yep. I spotted that wall like 100 meters away. Way too little time to do anything but stare with blank eyes as my aircraft was rolling towards it. Luckily the plane stayed on 3 wheels for me. I was able to slew the plane and keep taxiing towards the gate. I've kept the damage off ever since my plane exploded on the taxiway at Aerosoft Paderborn. 

Here's the link:

https://flightsim.to/file/32975/essa-elevation-fix

Edited by Kopteeni

Just finished my very first flight with the Fenix A320. I have to say... IT'S AWESOME! IT'S AWESOME! IT'S AWESOME! IT'S AWESOME! IT'S AWESOME! IT'S AWESOME! IT'S AWESOME! Wow, man, what a great (short) flight this was! And heck, I had even forgot to install Navigraph into the Fenix! And what's more, my Logitech 3D Extreme Pro worked right away! Didn't need to set detents or calibrate it! Nose wheel steering worked, thrust reverser worked, it all worked! Performance as great, graphics are awesome, all options everywhere are awesome, Navigraph support, the MCDU, it's all great. Did I already say this plane is AWESOME?????!!!!! 😉 Very happy sim pilot here! 🙂 One minor thing: I couldn't set take off trim with my mouse...? No real problem but well. But that was it. EVERYTHING ELSE was AWESOME! And that for a first flight...! 🙂

• Like 7

Trim adjustment is available once you have hydraulic pressure. 😉

• Like 2

Craig Sells

1 hour ago, YouDontKnow said:

Ok, but it is something that I don’t have with PMDG. 

It might just be that you don't notice because you are not as easily CPU limited in the PMDG but are in the Fenix, or because your FPS are capped at 30.