Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

VRI MCP1 and FBW A320

Hey all i have the mcp combo pro as well as a CDU 2 vga connection, both from vrinsightthe last time i used this equipment was in FSX with a different module.

So here i am now and at a total loss of what i need.

Airplane i plan on flying is FBW Airbus on msfs2020, with the cdu and mcp combo pro.

Ive read alot on the forums and various google searches,and im confused. I just need to get started.. can anyone point me in the right direction on what it is i need to be setup and use this hardware?

Thank you

Edited by ScotFlieger

Hi @flightsimmer747 Welcome to LINDA.

LINDA was designed to support easy access to powerful functionality and particularly to support the VRI Combo panels. Setup is fairly easy and I will give you a few pointers before I head off for a week's well earned holiday.

You don't give the version of VRI Combo panel. I don't know of a Pro version. There is the original MCP1, the Combo2 MCP Boeing and the FCU Airbus versions. LINDA has been tested with the latter 2 and does provide some limited support for the original panel. LINDA also supports the VRI CDU2 and CDU3 keyboard (not display window).

You will need a full paid version of FSUIPC7 7.3.x. This should be installed in its own folder (eg. F:/FSUIPC7). During installation you will need to accept the WASM installation option - this is the key interface between MSFS and FSUIPC7/LINDA - and ensure that you click the Register button on the final registration page. 

You will then need the latest version of LINDA for MSFS (4.1.4). This should be installed in the FSUIPC7 folder following the installation instructions under LINDA Download. It is important that you only have LINDA running and not VRISIM.EXE to avoid a conflicting.

For each aircraft (in your case the FBW A32NX) you will need to download the appropriate module. Again please read the installation guidelines as MSFS and FSUIPC7 require addition settings to entered manually. The aircraft module is best installed using the LINDA Maintenance page although it can be done manually.

Due to limitation of MSFS you are strongly advised follow the recommended start up sequence (MSFS with aircraft ready to fly/FSUIPC7/LINDA). Once you have everything running you will find that default configurations are provided for the Boeing and Airbus VRI panels. You will need to assign the desired functions to your joystick buttons and to any missing MCP buttons using the Joystick and VRI pages. Ensure you set the correct COMPORT for your VRI panels in Setup VRI page.

What LINDA does not offer is support of axes (aileron, elevator, etc). These must be set up in MSFS control options or FSUIPC7.

I hope this helps you to get going.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thank you for the info, i will proceed with downloading and buying what i will need. 

For cdu 2 i need an adapter to convert vga to usb or hdmi.

As for mcp combo panel i guess its the 1st one not backlit.

Ill purchase FSUIPC as well. Hoping all this works out, thank you

The VRI CDU has 2 connections: a USB Serial and a HDMI/DVI. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

7 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

The VRI CDU has 2 connections: a USB Serial and a HDMI/DVI. 

Hmm are you sure, i'll double check, but i was pretty sure it was VGA i bought it the day it came out. Ill see before i buy an adaptor.

I'm still hoping mcp panel 1 works, as it sounds like limited support and i really want both screens to work and all rotary knobs.

I used to use serial fp2 flawlessly. I wrote to vrinsight years ago they had no idea what Linda was. Now im exploring it and it replaces serial fp2 and has different user created modules created for different planes. 

Thats my understanding.

For the cdu i had to drag it to the fmc which is essentially a touchscreen with buttons.

Am i correct with anything im saying?

I defer to you on the video connection. I am away on holiday and don’t have access to my system. I have the CDU3 which probably differs from yours.

The FP2 won’t work with MSFS. You will have to experiment for yourself. 

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

I am a new user and I am frequently getting this message saying fsuipc6.ini is an issue.

I don't use VRInsight, MCP or CDU.

The fsuipc6.ini file has the following entry which was inserted by the installation very early on.

[VRInsight]
1=com0

The only way I can recover is completely delete the folder FSUIPC6 and copy the folder from a backup.

Any thoughts on what is happening?

Hi @AllanK welcome to LINDA. The VRInsight entry in FSUIPC6.INI is irrelevant if you are using VRI equipment. Where are you seeing the error message? If it is on the LINDA Summary page you need to disable any MCP. Open Setup MCP page and untick both MCP and CDU checkboxes.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

7 hours ago, ScotFlieger said:

I defer to you on the video connection. I am away on holiday and don’t have access to my system. I have the CDU3 with probably differs from yours.

The FP2 won’t work with MSFS. You will have to experiment for yourself. 

Hi Scot, no worries sir thanks for answering enjoy your holiday.

I'll get it sorted out and come back with some questions if needed.

Hey all i would like yo discuss mcp panel 1 and linda, has anyone got it to work. I understand there is limited support, but has anyone figured out how to get all knobs and screens to work with FBW airbus 320?

Thank you

Yes - I see the error on the Summary page. The Setup VRA Panels have no ticks in MCP Enabled, CDU2 Enabled or an entry in CDU COM Port.

Controllers I have are Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo; Thrustmaster engines 1&2, 3&4 as well as the left and right add-ons and 2 Thrustmaster Cougars.
I think the issue comes up is I accidently shutdown Linda without letting P3D shut it down.

Allan

Hello

I am trying my best to figure stuff out on my own, however its a mess, instructions are scattered.

Im looking for a modules folder even if unhidden files are now showing. I need to install the aircraft module, sadly the instructions referance FSX, which either is the same folder or its outdated instructions. 

I then found another way via the maintenance in LINDA utility not even sure if this is the right way, but no instructions on how to import this way.

For people that know what to do, this must be easy, but a newcomer Im lost its a real mess and have no clue how to proceed.

I bought fsuipc I loaded msfs then FBW, then LINDA. All that happened is my sim crashed. MY mcp combo is on. 

Thats all I did so far, been a nightmare

I am away from home at present so am unable to offer serious guidance to resolve your concerns. Starting multiple threads to voice your frustrations does not help. If you consider LINDA such a disaster then perhaps you should look elsewhere. 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

44 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

I am away from home at present so am unable to offer serious guidance to resolve your concerns. Starting multiple threads to voice your frustrations does not help. If you consider LINDA such a disaster then perhaps you should look elsewhere. 

Oh no im sorry im just stating its all over the place. Talk about multiple threads thats my problem there is instructions everywhere. I dont think its a disaster i just need solutions. 

I opened another thread so others with similiar setups can help while your away. I doubt they all followed my first post.

Ok i made progress linda and fsuipc is up and running now once in the sim i get error in linda saying not synced.

I have 2 questions am i supposed to create a new module to get a default aircraft going in linda, as it says wait and orange highlighting default aircraft?

2.once i resolved my default aircraft, id like to install FBW 320, it seems i can install it vua the maitenance page and point linda to the proper module. Unless im not understanding this part. I did observe in fsuipc that wasm is disabled by default, i read somewhere it is needed for fbw in order to get the proper lvar and hvar, is this correct? Is this a setting i should enable for FBW?

So far i think im doing well and Linda has a nice layout. Its user friendly, im trying to absorb as much as i can to learn it quickly.

Thanks again, if anyone can shed some light on this it is greatly appreciated.