Sign in to follow this  
bubbajune

Foreflight window in VR WMR

After many months trying to get Foreflight to work in native VR WMR, I finally found a Microsoft solution. I was in a business Teams session today and found out that Teams can stream iOS screens. So I set up a meeting on my iPad (using the iOS Teams app), started Foreflight on the tablet, then went into VR in my desktop. I then started Teams from inside VR and joined as a guest to the same meeting. The iOS screen was right there. 

I next linked MSFS to Foreflight with FS2FF, then in the VR cliff house I used the pin feature in WMR to keep the meeting window with the stream in it. I started MSFS, got in a flight, and lo and behold, I had Foreflight in the cockpit. You still need to control Foreflight on the iPad, but all my geo synched plates and charts were available.

I had tried lonely screen and a whole bunch of other apps, but none would stick in native WMR and all had time limitations or watermarks. Most of us have Microsoft Office installed already on your computer so no new apps needed. It's a tad cumbersome to set up, but the key was connecting the other session as a guest. If you try to use your login twice on two systems, it seems not to work correctly. There also was no real performance hit either I could see. I know this is a small minority of people who have WMR and Foreflight, but it is nice to have what I use in the real world in VR MSFS.

• Like 1

Very clever solution!  Thanks for sharing that one.  

I typically ‘peek’ through the nose - opening in my headset to see the Foreflight screen on my iPad.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating