Sign in to follow this  
Alaska738

Aerosoft Anchorage

Finally! Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Cognita
  • Upvote 2

Dan Scott

The prices of MSFS airports keep creeping up and the quality is going down. Not just Aerosoft. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Attention: This has only 68 MB in size... size doesn't always matter, but too small isn't gonna be good no matter the technique.
No idea what happened to Sim Wings.

Well maybe I'm wrong and it's a great 68 MB. Keep me informed with reviews

EDIT/CORRECTION: My bad the 68MB is the size of the Aerosoft One Installer, not the scenery itself. It's quite confusing on the product page

Edited by Fiorentoni
correction

This is an important “toaster” hub and I will look forward to a review or two before purchasing. Aerosoft have been hit or miss for me and I’d like to see some opinions on this one.

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

7 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

The prices of MSFS airports keep creeping up and the quality is going down. Not just Aerosoft. 

The price for this doesn't seem out of the ordinary compared to other sim-wings/AS MSFS sceneries. And it's still significantly cheaper and higher quality than P3D versions. Big, popular airports are always going to come with a higher price tag.

Yea, I have to say I was not too impressed by the pictures, particularly for a 20 dollar airport. If anyone picks it up please share a review. I would really like Anchorage, but not a low quality, high price version.

• Upvote 3

Dan Scott

1 minute ago, Cognita said:

Yea, I have to say I was not too impressed by the pictures, particularly for a 20 dollar airport. If anyone picks it up please share a review. I would really like Anchorage, but not a low quality, high price version.

I'm curious--which screenshots look particularly bad? I thought it looked good. Especially the night lighting when compared to bottom-tier devs like JustSim.

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

I'm curious--which screenshots look particularly bad?

I do not want to seem picky, I am actually not so demanding. Maybe I missed some things looking briefly while at work but the texturing of the aprons looked almost default; same with the jet ways.

But just looked again and they did do a nice job with the interior -- although not so important to me personally it is a nice touch -- and the lighting does look good -- as do the snow covered aprons -- they are not whited out.

Dan Scott

65MB not 68MB.

5GB SSD space required.

Their first version for FSX was outstanding. I'll wait for the reviews.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have had every version of Simwings PANC released, and will surely get the MSFS version sometime soon. The screenshots look similar to the previous version except that there is an interior and PBR textures. Personally I’ve always liked this airport so if the exterior modeling is somewhat similar that’s fine with me. After all, the existing airport buildings haven’t  really changed over the years, for as far as I know. This will also go very well with DC Designs Cordova, Wrangell and Petersburg, as well as OrbX Juneau and Ketchikan. Can do the milk run in it’s entirety now! Would only need Yakutat and Sitka for the full experience.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

1 hour ago, Greggy_D said:

I thought it was me I noticed MSFS payware airports dont seem to have the same quality P3D versions provided

• Upvote 3

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

I thought it was me I noticed MSFS payware airports dont seem to have the same quality P3D versions provided

I’ve thought the same thing. I’ve found myself not buying as many airports as I did for P3D. Not because default is any good, but these addons just haven’t looked great. Kind of plastic/arcade like feel where the P3D ones felt alive, textured, and just all around looked pretty dang good. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

AFCAD/AFD any good on this one? Never buy a scenery anymore where this is not done right...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS