Sign in to follow this  
Sky_Pilot071

HJET Fav Things

MG probably needs some luv at this point so I feel a positive HJet thread is in order.

My favorite things about this plane are:

1) I nailed my very first landing.

2) VNAV actually worked as expected.

3) The plane model is a piece of art.

sp

• Like 2

Agree! Its a fun plane to fly. 

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

24 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

VNAV actually worked as expected

Is there a tutorial somewhere on VNAV on this plane? No idea how to even set it up and, if it works well, I should be using it! 

Eddie
KABQ

38 minutes ago, haskell said:

Is there a tutorial somewhere on VNAV on this plane? No idea how to even set it up and, if it works well, I should be using it! 

As long as you are not using default ATC, then you can benefit from it. Before you reach top of decent, set your desired altitude. Check your initial fixes and step down fixes in the flight plan page. Set those according to the charts. Then press the Vnav button and let the magic begin. Watch your airspeed. There's no auto throttle, but when on cruise there's a setting that keeps a good "fuel efficient" speed.

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I love everything about the H-Jet. It's easy to start, the flight plan easily loads if you use the default planner, everything seems to work well enough to do complete flights. There are plenty of videos that show how wonderful it is. The only issue I had was the sensitive pitch and I rectified that with a simple tweak. Highly recommended to anyone that loves light jets and single pilot IFR ops.

24 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I love everything about the H-Jet. 

I was just gonna say the same thing!

I think the PFD checklist implementation is super cool. I'm not a big checklist person just because it eats into my limited flying time during the week, but I LOVE the HJet checklist and plan on using it during all stages of flight.

Had a great flight last night from KSBA to KAVX Catalina Island, with a visual approach to runway 4 sloping downhill towards a shear drop-off cliff.  Was a smooth, fast impressive flight terminating with a nail- biter of a landing.  Good stuff.

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 3

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I love everything about the H-Jet. It's easy to start, the flight plan easily loads if you use the default planner, everything seems to work well enough to do complete flights. There are plenty of videos that show how wonderful it is. The only issue I had was the sensitive pitch and I rectified that with a simple tweak. Highly recommended to anyone that loves light jets and single pilot IFR ops.

DJJose, if you don't mind , what is the simple tweak for the sensitive pitch?

1 minute ago, Dutch1 said:

DJJose, if you don't mind , what is the simple tweak for the sensitive pitch?

For the elevator only, reduce both sensitivity settings for your flight yoke to -65. You can try -60, -55, etc.

Best way is to select your yoke, then press on find by input, then press forward on your yoke. Once it's located, on the top left you will see SENSITIVITY. Click and make the changes. Then save.

Jose

Another fav is how controllable this bird feels on a landing.  Just did on into KAVX RNWY 22 and despite air currents on approach and an xwind on final I got it in without much todo. Used the spoilers to avoid falling into the Ocean lol.  Felt more realistic than any MSFS plane purchased or not. 

sp 

• Like 1

That the promised depth and attention to detail is there in the initial release with updates targeted toward further enhancements of the Hjet rather than to fix flaws.  Oh! And I have a special smile that despite all the naysayers here 10 days ago, the Hjet was delivered on the promised date with no MS Store delays.  Just another testament to the detail orientation of Marwan and FlightFX! So obvious that also contributed to the preparation needed for the release!

Where are all those expert naysayers now?  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/619259-hjet-launch-trailer-at-long-last-it-is-upon-us/page/6/

Standing ovation time!

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Can you fly RF leg types on RNP approaches? 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

15 minutes ago, fppilot said:

That the promised depth and attention to detail is there in the initial release with updates targeted toward further enhancements of the Hjet rather than to fix flaws.  Oh! And I have a special smile that despite all the naysayers here 10 days ago, the Hjet was delivered on the promised date with no MS Store delays.  Just another testament to the detail orientation of Marwan and FlightFX! So obvious that also contributed to the preparation needed for the release!

Where are all those expert naysayers now?  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/619259-hjet-launch-trailer-at-long-last-it-is-upon-us/page/6/

Standing ovation time!

Not to mention the first update was released tonight as promised by FlightFX (now avail v 1.0.3) 

• Like 2

WAT1460.png

7 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Can you fly RF leg types on RNP approaches? 

It is limited to the WT G3000 with some added VNAV features from the developer.

WAT1460.png

14 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Not to mention the first update was released tonight as promised by FlightFX (now avail v 1.0.3) 

Just installed. Is there a changelog somewhere?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Just installed. Is there a changelog somewhere?

Change to version 1.02
Revised VSD drawing code for more efficiency and performance.
Revised VNAV logic, Alt capture logic and autopilot modes transition logic to improve performance and consistency.
Corrected and issue causing low brightness of PFDs and MFDs at night.
Corrected background thumbnails in the marketplace.
Other various improvements and fixes.

• Like 3